Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Where to buy in Centre County?

Well, since you gents have been so helpful in my last thread, I figure I'd ask my next question here as well. Where is there to buy/peruse guns, etc around here? I used to go to a little shop called Jodon's in Spring Mills. It's my understanding that that has shut down. I am just curious what other shops are in Centre county or surrounding counties?

I am in Penns Valley, namely, Woodward. Last time I was up here I went to Millers in Clinton County but felt they were way too expensive(review in the Shops section). Anyways, I don't want to hike out there again and am curious if there's anything else up here.

/I need to visit Xringshooter sometime...
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Centre County)

Default Re: Where to buy in Centre County?

In bellefonte there is J & E which is on the 100 blk of High st on the "up" side next to the court house. There should be a thread in the shops review section (I think I did one). You definatly need to stop and visit Xring! If you feel like going for a good drive there's always Grice and Bob's army Navy in clearfeild but that's a hike from woodward. There are a couple of options, if your headed into State College at all for a night at the bars let me know (I'm off tuesday night).

Cheers,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Centre County)

Not sure how close to these you are as I am not too familiar with the area:

J+E guns in bellefonte - nice collection and they are helpful and really nice guys.

Grices in clearfield. - huge store, probably the biggest in the state. I have always had good service here.

Both places tend to have good prices in my opinion.

(Centre County)

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/centre-50...re-county.html

Similer thread with all the info you need.

here is few that I've delt with:

J&E - Nice small hole in the wall. decent 1911 selection. decent Glock selection. Eric and james are good guys. And will work with you on prices, selection, order, layaway. Where I bought almost all my gunz. May not be the biggest, but service/after sale service is top natch. Highly recommended.

Millers - Great long gun selection/decent pistol selection. They do alot of bow/arrows too. But I know nothing about it.
    Their prices are....not the best. and usually not going to budge on prices.
    I went there while back looking for replacement grip for my S&W Model 65, because they told me they have one on stock. What they brought out was this OLD wood grip which was produced in 1970's. Looked as it sat on the shelf for the past 30 years. No lie. had $49 price tag which is faded. Wood looked like poo. Told me they will not knock not even penny off.
    not my first choice

Grices - Huge selection of pistol/rifle/shotgun/ammo/optics/hunting stuff/reloading stuff.
    they are busy all the time. its not uncommon to wait good 1/2hr for service(sometimes you get lucky tho).
    BUT when you do get service, you'll get their undivided attention for the duration of your visit. And stuff are well educated about guns they are selling. Price is fair at best. Some are cheap. SOme aren't. While I went there more then one occasion, I've never bought any guns from there. My GF have no patient to wait for service. Some sales personel may rub you the wrong way. My GF was soo annoyed with one of their sales person once that she vowed to never buy anything from them.

Bob's Old navy and army - Lots of surplus stuff. decent selection on rifle/AR/AK/and unusal guns(like .50cal rifle), and ammo. Nice pistol selection. fat guy with glasses are pretty friendly and funny. price is decent. Bought my first 1911 there. they did charge me extra for paper work I think. great after sales service. I myself highly recommend them.

EastCoast gunsales - great selection of long guns/handgun/used guns. Decent parts selection. I heard they sell things like MRE's n' stuff(I didn't see it when I was there the last time). Store is new and clean. pretty friendly staff. Infact, first time I was there, this old guy kept chatting about gunz and general, i ended up chatting with him for 45min after i paid for my stuff. Never bought any guns there.
    I think you'll prolly get decent experience if you do.

there are few other small store that i've used that i can't remember the name. one is located in Phillipsburg. Right off of Rt 322. I bought some of my hard to find caliber ammo(7.5Jap, 6.5Jap). I'd buy gun from him no probrem if he have something I want.
    Then there is this little place near eastcoast gunsales. Can't remenber the name. But they sell silencer and NFA/Class III weapon(i think) that had nice selection of toys. nice and friendly old guy. Worth checking out.

And Xring's place. Don't forget to check him out first if your looking for AR. Or anything else. Chances are, he can hookya up.

These days, I use above listed store to check out whatever I'm looking for, check it out, play with it, then have J&E order me one. He'll usually beat/match the prices, and I'd rather deal with store that I know have taken great care of me.
    Last edited by Mity2; November 26th, 2007 at 02:17 AM.

(Snyder County)

Just an FYI, Jodon's is not shut down. I was just talking about this with my father-in-law yesterday as we were putting up his tree stand. The owner did get in some trouble for his part in a straw purchase. Not sure of the outcome, but at one point the ATF did come in and seize his guns at the store and take his books to conduct their investigation. He was shut down for a time. But he is up and running again. We drove by yesterday and their shop was packed. Not sure what was the final outcome of the investigation, but the shop is open. Again, not sure if they still sell firearms. But there was an open sign on the door yesterday (11/25).

Stop in and see. You don't live too far away .

But you could also head down the mountain to Mifflinburg and check out Buffalo Valley Shooters Supply.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/centre-50...re-county.html

Then there is this little place near eastcoast gunsales. Can't remenber the name. But they sell silencer and NFA/Class III weapon(i think) that had nice selection of toys. nice and friendly old guy. Worth checking out.
    That is Allegheny Trade in Duncansville. Personally I'll go there no matter how much cheaper something is at East Coast.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    That is Allegheny Trade in Duncansville. Personally I'll go there no matter how much cheaper something is at East Coast.
    I bought my AR scope mount at EastCoast. I did not know about Allegheny Trade until after I drove off from eastCoast. While I had pleseant experience at EastCoast, I think I'd perfer to deal with Allengheny Trade myself. that old coocky guy seems to know what he is talking about. And I like those collecting old militry junk kind of guy like him.

(Clearfield County)

Did East coast move to a new place?I heard they got a new place and are putting a indoor range in underground
    Steve