Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why doesn't Pennsylvania have Constitutional Carry?

GUYS, TAKE IT TO PM AND GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lycoming County)

As one who has open carried throughout the Middle East, I advocate concealed carry. As a hunter of gunmen, I am more apt to preemptively remove open threats before doing whatever it is I was planning on doing that might get me shot. If OC is your thing, enjoy, but think of the risks. The law says I can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, I don't do that either. Not because I feel unsafe in my ability, but because there are stupid people out there and if I suffer any more brain damage I'll be back in diapers.

Our Constitutions have been usurped by legal voodoo and complacency but, unfortunately, regardless of which party is in charge, they know better than the People and will never give up the power they have stolen. Yet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by survivalresponse View Post
    As one who has open carried throughout the Middle East, I advocate concealed carry. As a hunter of gunmen, I am more apt to preemptively remove open threats before doing whatever it is I was planning on doing that might get me shot. If OC is your thing, enjoy, but think of the risks. The law says I can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, I don't do that either. Not because I feel unsafe in my ability, but because there are stupid people out there and if I suffer any more brain damage I'll be back in diapers.
    Seriously, what in the world does that have to do with constitutional carry?

Our Constitutions have been usurped by legal voodoo and complacency but, unfortunately, regardless of which party is in charge, they know better than the People and will never give up the power they have stolen. Yet.
    If every gun owner gave up just a couple of hours per year volunteering to push legislatures to pass pro-gun bills things would change in our favor. Hell, if even half of all gun owners voted things would be better.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Seriously, what in the world does that have to do with constitutional carry?

If every gun owner gave up just a couple of hours per year volunteering to push legislatures to pass pro-gun bills things would change in our favor. Hell, if even half of all gun owners voted things would be better.
    are you're saying that you'd prefer if people voted even if they don't understand who they're voting for and why they're voting to get a better politician?! right..President Obama is a perfect example of people 'just voting' and things are better?!!? come on man...YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT TRUE.

as for constitutional carry..it's an uphill fight that must be fought. WE THE PEOPLE have work to do.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lycoming County)

Iron sight, I agree, my previous post (rant) had little to do with Constitutional Carry. As far as "pro-gun" representatives, the problem is that although we may be single issue voters, those whom we elect, are out to kiss every bottom that has pockets. The NRA just gave Chris Carney (D. 10th District) an "A" rating. So he supported some pro gun legislation, while agreeing with every spending program needing a vote.

Yes, we can make a difference, such as will be exhibited next month. However, as long as politics is a profession as opposed to a service, a few deep pockets trump our faxed disappointment. Major overhauling of all branches needs to be conducted but never will be, again, because they will not cede that power which they already have.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    are you're saying that you'd prefer if people voted even if they don't understand who they're voting for and why they're voting to get a better politician?! right..President Obama is a perfect example of people 'just voting' and things are better?!!? come on man...YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT TRUE.

as for constitutional carry..it's an uphill fight that must be fought. WE THE PEOPLE have work to do.
    Go ahead and point out where I said we needed more uneducated voters, I'll wait. Or are you seriously going to make the argument that more gun owners voting would equal more uneducated voters?

Quote Originally Posted by survivalresponse View Post
    Iron sight, I agree, my previous post (rant) had little to do with Constitutional Carry. As far as "pro-gun" representatives, the problem is that although we may be single issue voters, those whom we elect, are out to kiss every bottom that has pockets. The NRA just gave Chris Carney (D. 10th District) an "A" rating. So he supported some pro gun legislation, while agreeing with every spending program needing a vote.

Yes, we can make a difference, such as will be exhibited next month. However, as long as politics is a profession as opposed to a service, a few deep pockets trump our faxed disappointment. Major overhauling of all branches needs to be conducted but never will be, again, because they will not cede that power which they already have.
    True, I just pointed out the off-topic nature of the rant since this thread had previously strayed way off topic on another matter.

(Delaware County)

Go ahead and point out where I said we needed more uneducated voters, I'll wait. Or are you seriously going to make the argument that more gun owners voting would equal more uneducated voters?
    I'm willing to bet that 90% or better on this forum voted for President Bush not only in 2001, but in 2004 after he started burning our constitution..so yes, we need more educated voters across the board.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that 90% or better on this forum voted for President Bush not only in 2001, but in 2004 after he started burning our constitution..so yes, we need more educated voters across the board.
    I wrote in Ron Paul in 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008.

(sarcasm for those who cannot tell)

Highlight this post to see the truth.
    Last edited by ShooterInPA1; October 19th, 2010 at 07:31 AM.

(Monroe County)

<snip> Or are you seriously going to make the argument that more gun owners voting would equal more uneducated voters?

<snip>
    Dude, almost any sampling of any thread on this forum will answer that question. Getting educated, as in educated about the issues, gun owners to vote will help. Just getting gun owners to vote will likely send us farther down the path of destruction...

Out of all the active posters on this forum, I would say that maybe 20 are actually educated about an issue they post about, whether they are on the same page as I am or not. The rest might as well be slack jawed, helmet wearing, window lickers, from some of the stupidity they post. It scares me to think about them with a polling lever in their stupid little fingers, voting for whatever racist, homophobic, nutjob they can identify with...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Out of all the active posters on this forum, I would say that maybe 20 are actually educated about an issue they post about, whether they are on the same page as I am or not. The rest might as well be slack jawed, helmet wearing, window lickers,
    Hey! Some windows taste damn good ya know! Lemon flavored windex is awesome when you have a cold...*mumble mumble*)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast