Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Good, reliable FFLs in the State College area

gonna have to agree with mity... every time ive been there even to just browse with no cash in my wallet what soever the guys are willing to talk and shoot the shit.. the only prob i have is the guys who decided to let a few rounds off with an ak clone while i was teaching a girl to shoot.... from behind us, shop there all the time.. other than that... every time ive been there has been positive... i think belding and mulls ammo is cheaper but if your looking target ammo walmart usually cant be beat...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    gonna have to agree with mity... every time ive been there even to just browse with no cash in my wallet what soever the guys are willing to talk and shoot the shit.. the only prob i have is the guys who decided to let a few rounds off with an ak clone while i was teaching a girl to shoot.... from behind us, shop there all the time.. other than that... every time ive been there has been positive... i think belding and mulls ammo is cheaper but if your looking target ammo walmart usually cant be beat...
    I'm a bit confused by this. We're you at a range or something? Shooting into a test chamber?

(Lehigh County)

sorry ill retype that... i realized it was jumbled a bit badly...

i was at scotia... there was a group of people with rifles (ak, ar, atleast 1 m1 garand)

when i was teaching a friend of mine to shoot (at the 25 yard pistol range)... we were about 10 yards from the target so about 15 yards down range by ourselves and they decided to show up and fire off a few rounds with an ak clone at the target next to us from about 5 yards behind us...i turned around and yelled at the guy...

a couple weeks later i bump onto them at J and E buying another ak clone.. and once again when i was stocking up some ammo about a week after that...

(Centre County)

Ron (Xringshooter) is a good guy. He knows his ARs like nobody's business. As for actual gun stores in the area, J&E in Bellefonte and Belding & Mull up near Philipsburg are my two favorites. RMC was good for reloading stuff when they were out in Mingoville. Haven't been to their new store in Penns Valley.

As for places to shoot, when you get sick of Scotia being closed all the time and don't want to give your firstborn child to shoot at OSC, look into Liberty Township Sportsmen's Club.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Ron (Xringshooter) is a good guy. He knows his ARs like nobody's business. As for actual gun stores in the area, J&E in Bellefonte and Belding & Mull up near Philipsburg are my two favorites. RMC was good for reloading stuff when they were out in Mingoville. Haven't been to their new store in Penns Valley.

As for places to shoot, when you get sick of Scotia being closed all the time and don't want to give your firstborn child to shoot at OSC, look into Liberty Township Sportsmen's Club.
    id have to agree with that... deffinetly have a membership there... and i love shooting out there... too bad it takes over an hour to get there now....

(Montgomery County)

Where is Ron's shop located at? I may check out his shop if he is local in State College.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by nguyene2 View Post
    Where is Ron's shop located at? I may check out his shop if he is local in State College.
    Appointment only. Contact him here. Xringshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Montgomery County)

Thank you. I'm in the process of buying a gun and using Xringshooter for FFL transferring process. Can't wait for my new gun to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    Appointment only. Contact him here. Xringshooter

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    There is also J&E in Bellefonte. I personally think they are wicked over priced for a lot of the stuff they sell but I have done a transfer or two down there as well.
    They'll negotiate everything. I've never paid marked prices at their shop. I've always been able to talk them down, sometimes substantially.

If I ever had to do a transfer, though, I'd do it through Ron (Xringshooter). He spent an afternoon teaching me how to reload and answered every question I had. Great guy.

Involved in getting a transfer with Ron also, and hopefully the gun should be in this week. Ron has been 110% helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12