Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Ohhh, You Guys are Gonna Laugh at Me... I Shot Holes in My Range Bag

We've all done something stupid at one time or another... I had a good one today. Flame suit on... I'm gonna need it...

I got some some unexpected free time today so off to the range I went. I forgot a few thing, because I was in a hurry. I forgot my normal ear protection, but I had a cheap little pair of plugs, so I was ok. I also neglected to bring anything to use for a rest. So I propped my range bag on top of one of those gray plastic Ruger boxes and started plinking away with my Ruger MKIII. I wanted to see what I could do at 50 yards with the iron sights, so I shot 2 mags of 10 rounds each and stood up to walk down range and look at the targets. Then I saw this...

I'm a big dummy. Sorry for the cell phone pics, I'll update with something more hi-res later.

Luckily I was just tagging the bag with some nasty muzzle blast, not actually shooting any material attached to it. I think I would have caught on to that... I've used the same set up as a inpromptu rest many times before with no ill effects. Oh well, I'm just gonna tell people I got into a nasty firefight with some absent minded asshole with a .22 pistol.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ohhh, You Guys are Gonna Laugh at Me... I Shot Holes in My Range Bag

Bag looks tuff now. Good job

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ohhh, You Guys are Gonna Laugh at Me... I Shot Holes in My Range Bag

id say i was in a shoot out and you should see the other bag!
    "you cant fight zombies with good intentions"

My Feedback:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/98731-cmr076.html

(Cumberland County)

Lol, thanks guys.

(Butler County)

Damn in my pictures it not only got shot but it went from gray to green. Did infection set in?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Damn in my pictures it not only got shot but it went from gray to green. Did infection set in?

By tommorow morning it'll be gangrene everywhere and there will be no saving it.

(Berks County)

Not an problem, My brother shot a hole in the side of a truck bed one time using the opposite side as a rest. Apparently scopes shoot low at close distances? Go figure. Damn!!! No one hurt, nothing important lost, but taught me a lesson not easily forgot. Shit happens, but I hope you remember every time you look at your bag, I will keep you safe.

(Cumberland County)

:
    Quote Originally Posted by 308man View Post
    Not an problem, My brother shot a hole in the side of a truck bed one time using the opposite side as a rest. Apparently scopes shoot low at close distances? Go figure. Damn!!! No one hurt, nothing important lost, but taught me a lesson not easily forgot. Shit happens, but I hope you remember every time you look at your bag, I will keep you safe.

It did give me a quick pause to check myself as far as safety goes.

What really scared me happened a few minutes ago. I opened the pocket that is scorched and my Surefire was in there, lens up. I'm just glad I didn't blast that... I'd have been pissed!

(York County)

At least you're not like the guy I know and shoot a PSL through his house. Glad to hear it didn't damage your gear.

(Lancaster County)

my buddy poped a round through the strap on his bag with his mp5clone i thought it was funny
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast