Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation OC encounter with News Reporter

Well tonight as i was at the murder sight of James Wallmuth III, like i was thursday friday and saturday, Fox 43 started to set up there cameras. Before shooting i went up to take a shot of the candles and such and scared the crap out of the reporter. She asked if I was a cop or security and I said no just your average citizen.

After shooting her little story I felt that since i scared her a little bit I would go up and introduce myself. She seemed interested, although she is a reporter shes supposed to be, and asked me if it was legal. I told her about the gun laws and everything and she eventually asked if I had an email or something so she could contact me because she was interested in doing a story on gun carrying and such. I politely asked her if she had info so I could contact her instead.

Dont think ill be calling her, media has the ability to take something good and turn it bad and twist it like tornado if they want.

Default Re: OC encounter with News Reporter

Dude, contact her... do the story.

(Philadelphia County)

Kudos to you for exposing her to "good guys with guns" (g3).
    And I'm with you on not contacting her. If there's one thing the media adores it's an angry white man. No matter if you're not one, they'll take care of the fine details.

(Northampton County)

Maybe she's single.

(Franklin County)

It seems like you never really actually considered doing the interview in the first place, so why did you take her card and lead her to believe that you would, rather than just saying, "No thanks, I'm not interested"?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

I don't know - if I were you, which I am not, I would contact her and see what, if any, kind of story she wants to do.

(Bucks County)

Say this to her:

'I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It seems like you never really actually considered doing the interview in the first place, so why did you take her card and lead her to believe that you would, rather than just saying, "No thanks, I'm not interested"?
    I'm with Greg on this. I would suggest, at the very least, calling her and expressing your concerns about having your image, and words, twisted. Then telling her whether or not you feel inclined to do an interview. You know, just out of common courtesy.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Yeah, if your going to imply you have the confidence, intelligence, and wisdom to carry a gun around I can't seem to match up how you would lead this person on like this then come on here and say your going to do nothing in fear that it MIGHT be bad.

She already said shes interested in doing a piece on this, which means she's probably going to pursue it. Who knows where she's going to get her info from now, it probably will be an anti source.

Its like that old piece of psychology for when your convinced your going to fail, you will.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post

Options. It's always nice to have options.
    The OP's post is worded in a way that leads me to believe his decision is not necessarily final.

I can see both sides. It would be nice to have a vehicle to get the word out there but it involves a fair amount of trust.
    The domestic terrorist (also known as the angry white man) is the darling of the media. You don't necessarily have to be one to play one at the newsstand.

From the NYT article on the Appleseed project:

Though they were diverse in age and class, their uniformly white skin, down-home talk and traditional values suggested a common attachment to an America that had lost its long-held claim to the cultural center.

-------

In the middle of the firing line lay David and Darrell Garvey, two brothers with sun-reddened skin and graying beards. Before the housing crash, the Garveys grossed as much as $1 million a year installing floors in vacation homes. Now they were unemployed. They loaded their magazines and pulled the charging handles.

The author of the article can probably sleep comfortably knowing that the info presented was nothing but factual. But it's obvious that creative prowess was used to paint the article with such innuendo that the subjects probably still can't sit down without pain. If the Garvey brothers were Congressional Pages would they have still been included in the article?

-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast