Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My SIG is a conversation piece

A large portion of today was spent at the FOAC meeting at Cabela's. It was a long meeting, but the information conveyed was very much worth it, and I got to see a bunch of people I have not seen for a while, plus meet a few more who are interested in working to preserve our rights. Many of the people attending were carrying openly. I appreciated that.

On the way home, my adventures started. I was running late to the meeting, so I did not eat any lunch. After a little while, even with the help of some rabbit food, I was in danger of turning into a skeleton. Why, when I turned sideways, you could see daylight shining through my carcase. So when I left Cabela's, I headed for the closest fast food emporium I could find to replenish my dwindling resources. It just happened to be McDonalds. It was a bad choice, and I do not mean from a health point of view. There were at least eight or ten cars sitting in the drive through lane. Sitting. Not moving. That was a bad sign, but it did not register completely on my hunger fevered brow. I figured I would just waltz in and beat the line by ordering inside.

When I got inside, the line was even longer! Okay, I had to pee too, so I figured I would take care of that, and when I came out, the line would be shorter. No. The line had not moved. Hypoglycemia was setting in, and my vision was starting to blur. Just at that point a man approached me and asked me about my gun. NOOOOOO!!! I don't want to talk about guns, I need some MEAT! But, I was polite. He asked me about open carry, and told me he had a permit, but it said he had to conceal. I said the word conceal was nowhere on it. He promptly removed his wallet and whipped his LTCF out.

"You're right!" he said. "Does that mean I can wear it out in the open!?!"

"I've been doing it for several years now, ever since I found out it was legal."

I offered him some brochures from my truck. He followed me out, and the next thing I knew, his buddy had joined us in the parking lot. Our conversation ranged across a number of topics, including my friend Meleanie. I updated them on her terrible end. It turned out that the one guy is a member here, but has not done a lot of participation. He took the brochures and thanked me for my time.

After arriving home, I embarked on my next mission, which was getting my phone fixed. I arrived at the Verizon store in Trexlertown sporting my Gadsden flag shirt, my brandy new FOAC hat, and of course, my SIG. TO make a long story a little shorter, the tech who helped me told me she had just received her license in the mail, and was looking forward to trying out some pistols before she picked one out to carry. One of the salesmen also informed me that he had his LTCF, and in the past was Act 235 certified as well. All this from dragging some metal around on my hip. In the end, I got my phone working again the way it should, and had some nice conversations with some regular people who are gun toting folks as well. And even more importantly, I staved off starvation for yet another day.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: My SIG is a conversation piece

Sounds like a close call, Bill. I am glad you survived. Ya gotta keep a pack of Beef Jerky in the truck for such emergencies.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Northampton County)

With all those positive experiences from OC you surely left out all the empty schools they locked down on a Saturday

Glad everybody at McDonald's got home in one piece

(Wayne County)

I don't know why you didn't just eat at Cabelas. The last time I was there I ordered a BLT. I figured that they'd only put three, maybe four, pieces of bacon on the sandwich so I ordered double meat. That damn sandwich had to have had 12 or 14 pieces of bacon on it!!!!!!!!! I think I actually ate over a pound of bacon on one sandwich. I can't wait to go there again.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I don't know why you didn't just eat at Cabelas. The last time I was there I ordered a BLT. I figured that they'd only put three, maybe four, pieces of bacon on the sandwich so I ordered double meat. That damn sandwich had to have had 12 or 14 pieces of bacon on it!!!!!!!!! I think I actually ate over a pound of bacon on one sandwich. I can't wait to go there again.
    I've never eaten there. I've had 5 people tell me their food absolutely sucks. I've never had anybody tell me otherwise.

Good to know they can whip up a BLT when needed!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Sounds like a close call, Bill. I am glad you survived. Ya gotta keep a SIDE of Beef Jerky in the truck for such emergencies.
    *Fixed it for ya'

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I've never eaten there. I've had 5 people tell me their food absolutely sucks. I've never had anybody tell me otherwise.
    Huh. That's funny to hear that. I've eaten there around 4 times and never had a complaint. That's not to say that I'd travel the almost 2 hours it takes to get me there just to eat their food. Far from it. However, when compared to the other food options at the interchange (e.g., McDonalds/Burger king/whatever) it's at least on par or just slightly better than the rest.

The price could be a little lower but, hey, you're paying for the ambience!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I considered it, but was in a hurry, and they were moving at a snail's pace. Not only that, the crowd was getting to me. I hate crowds, and the place was stuffed. The food is edible there, although it is a bit on the pricey side.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

Good to know they can whip up a BLT when needed!
    I thought the food sucked when I ate there.

I have been having my share of positive encounters/conversations lately myself. I think the word is getting around, you know, "LEGAL".
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Clinton County)

I am glad you got something to eat. I was sitting several rows behind you at the meeting. You were wasting away before our eyes. Your shirt was hanging off of you.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; August 2nd, 2010 at 09:43 AM.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast