Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Its race weekend again...

I was just in brodheadsville around 2-4pm. The place was a mad house. Traffic for miles in every direction and there wasn't a single parking space in the shoprite parkng lot. It didn't look much better at Z's. This weekend is going to be hellish trying to get around.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

You guys are always bitchin about the races. I'd bet ya that the race track was there before you were. This is almost like when the yuppies buy there mcmansions next to a farm and then bitch because it stinks .

(Monroe County)

Ugh, with a capital UGH.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

I really don't see any horrible traffic in the west end. True i don't use 115, I use 715 and firehouse lane. Friday's as long as I can remember were bad. I think it was worse when there wasn't a single traffic light from 33 to Lehighton. Then you couldn't get a break to cross 209.
    The WE Fair is way worse and lasts a week.

(Monroe County)

Just went up mt effort, through 115. Multi-car collision. 3 or 4 cruisers and an amberlamps.

And so it begins...
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Franklin County)

I'd never been up there, had to make a delivery early this afternoon that took me right by there...seemed like I was out in the middle of nowhere BAM there's this racetrack...strange area, delivered into some sort of gated community but not the kind of gated community I'm used to seeing (big $$ DC/Bmore area neighborhoods)...
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    You guys are always bitchin about the races. I'd bet ya that the race track was there before you were. This is almost like when the yuppies buy there mcmansions next to a farm and then bitch because it stinks .
    Is this kind of like the "encroaching on wild life" arguement? We need a license to hunt bear, and it's regulated. Where do I find a permit for hunting race tracks?

(Wayne County)

Yeah, the stars were aligning in a less than optimal manner this morning. I had to run to a meeting down in Kresegeville/Kunkletown area for 0900. Usually takes about 40 minutes from the office. It took me double that today.

First I had to navigate past all of the rerouted traffic from I-380 that was equally dispersed over EVERY other local road in the area. Once that traffic thinned out, I had to wade through Blakeslee down SR 115 (forgetting that it was race weekend) and riding slowly until I got south of the track. I chose this route because I had been told that SR 903 had some construction tying things up.

Subsequently, even though I allowed myself 15-20 extra minutes, I was still late. And for me, being on time is being late. I hate it. But, I kept putting things in perspective, I was having a better day than those sorry souls on I-380. I at least made it to my destination.

And the day got brighter on the way home. I stopped off at American Sports Shooting on the way back to the office and added to my collection. Taurus M65. (Posted in pictures subforum)
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    I'd never been up there, had to make a delivery early this afternoon that took me right by there...seemed like I was out in the middle of nowhere BAM there's this racetrack...strange area, delivered into some sort of gated community but not the kind of gated community I'm used to seeing (big $$ DC/Bmore area neighborhoods)...
    yeah, gated communities up here are the least desirable areas, not the most
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    It opened in 1974 but it was never an issue until NASCAR got really popular, and even then it wasn't a big deal until they invented GPS because everyone went across 80 and down, nobody took 115 up
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast