Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 325 PD

(Centre County)

Default Re: S&W 325 PD

I guess I should have worded my question a little better. Does anyone who owns any of those models previously listed have an experience with set back? I've been back and fourth on getting a 45acp revolver for a while now and this is one of those things that I've wondered about. I understand how physic would effect the super light run but does the weight difference between a 325PD and a 325TR make enough of a difference to effect weather there will be set back? Does that change with any of the other models listed?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkimamedic View Post
    I guess I should have worded my question a little better. Does anyone who owns any of those models previously listed have an experience with set back? I've been back and fourth on getting a 45acp revolver for a while now and this is one of those things that I've wondered about. I understand how physic would effect the super light run but does the weight difference between a 325PD and a 325TR make enough of a difference to effect weather there will be set back? Does that change with any of the other models listed?
    I've never had this problem with my 625 with a 4 inch bbl. It weighs almost twice as much as the 325.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    gunbuyer is right on.

The N frame is quite large. The order of frames from smaller to larger for the Smith and Wesson line is as follows: J frame, K frame, L frame, N frame, X frame. The N frame is large, yet not impossible to conceal.

Maybe not impossible to conceal but darn near. When you think N frame think hand Cannon or 44 mag, Dirty Harry's LONG gun.

Back in the day Troopers use to carry a N frame 357 magnum and though it handled the round well they opt for the K frame 65/66 lighter and just as accurate. My point is the N frame is a load to carry unless you are the lead star in a action movie or hunting deer/boar...

(Lancaster County)

I have the 4 inch version and will tell you 100% that Blazer Brass ammo will not work in this gun. That is the ONLY ammo that failed out of the relatively few others that I have tried. WWB, Federal, Magtech, Fiochi and even MasterCast have all been fine. People in the other threads mention the Blazer ammo creeping out of the casing by the last round but I have had them totally seperate by the second. They actually protrude through the front of the cylinder and prevent it from rotating. The simple solution is to simply not use this ammo. It is a great gun and if you shoot at a crowded range be prepared for a lot of people wanting to shoot it. This of course gives you the oppertunity to test anything that they have in return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12