Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: New XDs... as in SLIM!

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    What is that an indicator of? Someone with a shitty grip. It's an annoying habit that one should lose because in a real life encounter you won't have time to readjust your grip after every shot fired. I've seen people do that on every kind of gun from snubnose revolvers to full size glocks and so on. How you can possibly think that's an issue of the gun is beyond me.

As far as the OP, I think that glock is going to kick themselves for not getting in on this single stack movement. The glock 36 is still a huge thick piece of crap.

If SA can keep the reliability factor on these guns up, and they prove to be of dimensions condusive to deep concealment, I will consider picking one up. I am not a fan of other "deep conceal" guns like kahr, keltec, ruger lcp, taurus types, etc as they simply are not as reliable.
    The Glock 36 is 1.1" thick in 45ACP which is not bad at all. If you can find one that works (some people report FTE issues) then it is a great gun. Some people have bad luck with them but I have a couple of them and they work fine. For perspective my favorite handgun is a 1911A1.

My biggest issue with the glocks is the trigger. I like it being heavy I just think the passive trigger safety is more of a gimmick then a real safety feature. I don't mind heavy trigger pulls if they are smooth.

EDIT: For the record this thing looks pretty good. I also might buy one of these as I like 45ACP and I have always liked the XD series of pistols when I shot them.
    Last edited by Brian D; February 5th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by msp701 View Post
    It does look like a nice pistol, I guess I was just hoping for a pocketable wonder in something other than .380.
    KelTec PF9 is tiny. Kahr CM9/PM9/PM40 are all pocket sized.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    And they still have that stupid fucking grip safety.
    I've heard this comment before about the XD's grip safety but never an explaination. Why is it stupid on an XD but no one complains about the 1911's grip safety? Just trying to learn.

(Allegheny County)

Many people pin the grip safety on the 1911.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

I swear, I would fire the product development guy on this thing unless he could give me a compelling reason not to and why this is what he came up with.

OH Kay - a single stack .45, with 5 rounds. Read that again - 5 rounds.

I don't think I've ever known a single person who was in a gunfight and afterwards remarked "I wish I had a smaller gun and less ammo."

Listen, say you have 2 extra mags, so 15 total rounds. When you've expended half your ammo, it's time to move to plan B.

My XD Tactical, double stack, extended mags, 16 rounds each x 3 plus one in the pipe = 49 rounds.

Sure - not small or as thin as an XDS, but with a Raven concealment OWB holster and the M6X light/laser, it's not that bad and I'm not a large guy at all.

Even my Springfield GI Micro with CT Laser grips, an 8 round Wilson mag and 2 10 round backup mags is 28 rounds and almost as small as the XDs.

I simply do not understand the fascination with small, low capacity pistols. You can have too much ammo unless you're swimming or on fire.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post
    I swear, I would fire the product development guy on this thing unless he could give me a compelling reason not to and why this is what he came up with.

OH Kay - a single stack .45, with 5 rounds. Read that again - 5 rounds.

I don't think I've ever known a single person who was in a gunfight and afterwards remarked "I wish I had a smaller gun and less ammo."

Listen, say you have 2 extra mags, so 15 total rounds. When you've expended half your ammo, it's time to move to plan B.

My XD Tactical, double stack, extended mags, 16 rounds each x 3 plus one in the pipe = 49 rounds.

Sure - not small or as thin as an XDS, but with a Raven concealment OWB holster and the M6X light/laser, it's not that bad and I'm not a large guy at all.

Even my Springfield GI Micro with CT Laser grips, an 8 round Wilson mag and 2 10 round backup mags is 28 rounds and almost as small as the XDs.

I simply do not understand the fascination with small, low capacity pistols. You can have too much ammo unless you're swimming or on fire.

Still needed to vent after two years??

LOL, misread the date. Actually didn't read the year. My bad

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Many people pin the grip safety on the 1911.
    The grip safety is one of the reasons I *want* a 1911. I settled for the m&p 9c due to capacity, but I still want one, primarily because of the grip safety and the width.

Edit, wtf, this thread is from last year..

Quote Originally Posted by topsykretts View Post
    The grip safety is one of the reasons I *want* a 1911. I settled for the m&p 9c due to capacity, but I still want one, primarily because of the grip safety and the width.

Edit, wtf, this thread is from last year..
    FWIW, I think it's a bad idea modifying any carry piece.

OK, apologies on resurrecting the thread; I failed to read the year, just the month and day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234