Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: No one comments on OC in clothing store, but hunting store says no?

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Well how abouts we meet up, you have a furtaker lisc right? OK, I'll show you what traps (and lures) to buy and how to prep them and you need to get/make cable stakes, a stake driver, and hay. I will show you the stupidest easiest set ever made that catches fox after fox, and with 2 big traps and cable stakes, you can hold coyotes as well. Yeah we can meet in Hanover and eat somewhere and OC and go to this store. I will wear fur too LOL. Plus give me one farm, I'll show you where to set ( fox travelways) and show you how to make the set.

Sorry but Hanover is too far for me to go to trap, the traps have to be checked daily, that's alot of time and driving for a 10.00 animal. So it may be up to you to rid these farms of foxes! I'll take the pelts though, unless you find some local buyer. FREE trapping course, can't beat that, and with "my" famous hay set. PA Furtrappers has a book coming out soon on the top PA trappers' fox sets, and I am featured! I haven't seen a proof copy though. Oh yeah, one season I caught 60 foxes in hay sets.
    No furtaker here.
    My fox skins have bullet HOLES in them............

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

My foxes have holes in them too! A .22 through the chest to put them down. Entry hole and exit hole.

But you best get a furtaker lisc if you are gonna shoot foxes- those WCO's can be real asses if they catch you doing it without 1.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    My foxes have holes in them too! A .22 through the chest to put them down. Entry hole and exit hole.

But you best get a furtaker lisc if you are gonna shoot foxes- those WCO's can be real asses if they catch you doing it without 1.
    I don't shoot fox...........

just saying "if I did"..........

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I hate those damn birds we can't kill ,also!!
    You mean the Bald Eagles?

(Monroe County)

I would have covered my gun and apologized. Then asked to see his five most expensive firearms. After haggling a bit on the price I would have told him I wanted to buy them all. As he started to do the paperwork, I would have told him that after careful thought, I didn't want to support any place that sold firearms but didn't support firearm owner's rights and then left. But hey, that's just me.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Dauphin County)

never had a problem with my store here in Harrisburg.

i would have told them no i'll take my money elsewhere !! nuff said
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Luzerne County)

I've never had a problem with any store. Of any kind. And I've OC'd in probably as many places as everyone in this thread combined.
    Point being twofold. 1) I don't know from experience. 2) It is not the norm, so my advice is don't sweat it.

Decide ahead of time where your limits are in regards to compliance vs. leaving and when confronted with such a situation do your best to use it to educate the facility in question. It may be a friendly chat with the person involved after complying with their wishes, or a polite letter to ownership afterwards. Or both.
    If you decide to not comply and leave, do so politely and send a letter to the ownership explaining your position.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lackawanna County)

Always remember that a place like Gander Mtn is a chain store and has to follow the rules of their higher-ups. I wouldn't conceal, but I would leave and call the HQ. Tell the HQ that until they stop oppressing your 2A rights they won't get a dime from you and that if they refuse to change their ways that you will tell all of your friends that they refuse to acknowledge 2A rights. It's not just a right to own it's a right to bear as well.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by nepawolf View Post
    It's not just a right to own it's a right to bear as well.
    There's also a right for the owner to have control over private property. One right does not cancel another.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Armstrong County)

If this was the Gander Mountain by Century III, I have never had a problem OC there or Gander Mountain in Washington and Greensburg either.
    Same goes for
    Dick's in Monroeville, West Mifflin, Cranberry, Homestead (I did get some looks from some of the natives there), and Pittsburgh Mills ,
    Cabelas in Dallas Pike, WVa,
    Dunhams in North Versailles, and Altoona,
    Sportsman's Warehouse in Mt. Nebo
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast