Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: What if……$20 admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    LOL, this has got to be the biggest asshole, douchebag comment from an old cranky sum bitch i ever saw. Here we have an old cranky guy who is angry at the world and can barely walk, getting angry with people who bust thier ass as a small business owner to make a living for their family. He says *FUCK YOU* to dealers who he probably never had the money to buy anything from, or wanted everything for a nickel. He is also the guy that pays full price for everything at Walmart, Target, the gas station, etc. but doesn*t get angry with any of them. He just shuts his mouth and spends the cash*.without a single *FUCK YOU* muttered to any of them.

You are correct, in that most of us don*t do it for you. Most buyers at the show aren*t loyal. Most buyers want everything for less. Every person acts like small gun dealers owe them something. So yeah, we don*t do it for you. We do however, do it for the gracious people. Those with a little class. And those who aren*t ready to dish out a *FUCK YOU* because they are grumpy.

Trust me when i say this, you aren*t the only one who has old injuries, age, and arthritis issues. The only difference is that your pain threshold is much lower than those who work harder than you. Personally, i found your response hilarious. But on the odd chance that you actually meant what you typed, then please re-read this response.
    I did gunshows back in the late 80s~early 90s. Valley Forge Sheraton shows made me hang it up. I started going to gunshows in the 70s. Mostly hobbyists, collectors and private home FFLs at labor/union halls, vet halls, fire depts. When someone decided to make it a big fat business is when it was ruined. Now GUN SHOW calls lemmings to the sea for pickles, jerked meats, clothes, siding, cheap knives and the other circus crap. The Forks show at AG Hall was the last real gun show with people dedicated to the hobby, not the almighty dollar! Maybe I will go to the next Oaks show and discuss this in person. If you're not sitting on Santas lap.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I did gunshows back in the late 80s~early 90s. Valley Forge Sheraton shows made me hang it up. I started going to gunshows in the 70s. Mostly hobbyists, collectors and private home FFLs at labor/union halls, vet halls, fire depts. When someone decided to make it a big fat business is when it was ruined. Now GUN SHOW calls lemmings to the sea for pickles, jerked meats, clothes, siding, cheap knives and the other circus crap. The Forks show at AG Hall was the last real gun show with people dedicated to the hobby, not the almighty dollar! Maybe I will go to the next Oaks show and discuss this in person. If you're not sitting on Santas lap.
    Din you used to get bacon there?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

I doubt your age, arthritis, old injuries, and cane will allow you to come see me at the show, but whatever makes you feel better. By the way, the old timer gun shows are a thing of the past. All of those old rifles that grey and white haired guys usd to collect are also quickly becoming a thing of the past. The market is shifting into *new* firearms*.not really new, but firearms made within the last 40 years (new to the guys who used to roam shows in the 70s and 80s). Anyway, be sure to mutter a *FUCK YOU* to the gas station attendant that charge you full price to fill up your tank. And remember, they don*t do it for you*.they do it to make a profit.

I can and do pump my own gas, thank you. And I prefer firearms made from blue steel and walnut, not aluminum and plastic, oops, POLYMER!

And I really don't want to rub elbows with the lesser, inferior race animals that come out of the city to pocket stuff. Hopefully they will do a flash-mob 'grab and run' there one day. In the name of diversity, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Din you used to get bacon there?
    Yeah, Holsinger's meats was one of the things I'd go for. I'd dropped over $100 on most purchases. But other than them and Chestnut Ridge for Kroil, the show just ain't worth it.

And who gives ya the better deal on nice 30-06 ammo, anyone there, or ME? ��

(Montgomery County)

I can and do pump my own gas, thank you. And I prefer firearms made from blue steel and walnut, not aluminum and plastic, oops, POLYMER!

And I really don't want to rub elbows with the lesser, inferior race animals that come out of the city to pocket stuff. Hopefully they will do a flash-mob 'grab and run' there one day. In the name of diversity, of course.
    So which is it? Your health, racism, greedy promoters, or the dealers?

(York County)

Yeah, Holsinger's meats was one of the things I'd go for. I'd dropped over $100 on most purchases. But other than them and Chestnut Ridge for Kroil, the show just ain't worth it.

And who gives ya the better deal on nice 30-06 ammo, anyone there, or ME? **
    I haven*t seen Holsingers in forever. I don*t know if they even do shows anymore unfortunately. I too dropped a ton of cash on their bacon. I think the $20 admission fee would keep the low pant hanging crowd out of the show and back in the city.

(Chester County)

Here's the good thing about gun shows in Merica. Free market rules, if it gets too expensive then the masses will stop spending money at them and purveyors will stop buying tables, then someone will step in to fill the void in another way. We're not forced to attend gun shows as buyers, and retailers are not required to sell at gun shows.

Vote with your dollars. If you believe that the entry fee + travel time and costs + prices for products you with wish to buy are a good deal, then go and enjoy yourself, if you don't believe that those costs add up to a good deal, don't go. The market is always right, regardless of your opinion.

(Philadelphia County)

A gun show is, basically, a firearms themed flea market. EBay ruined the chances of finding good stuff at bargain prices at a flea market. Gunbroker did the same for guns. You get access to a much larger market. Buyers can find what they want, sellers can find buyers for nearly anything and willing to pay market price. Time goes by and the world changes. It is what it is.

For what it's worth, I would not care if the Oaks show went to $20. I only go once each year, twice at most, and rarely make any big purchases. It's an event that gets me surrounded by like-minded people. It's also a good opportunity to compare the size of firearms if I'm looking for a new CC.

(Berks County)

And who gives ya the better deal on nice 30-06 ammo, anyone there, or ME? **
    You give em good deal all the time, that is undeniable. And I can vouch for the health. I can hardly walk the whole place and I'm not as torn up as Abner is.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast