Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Mag Extension on Compact Pistols.

I keep seeing the compact pistols coming with an Extended Magazine so your whole hand will fit comfortably. But isn't the idea behing the COMPACT pistol suppose to be that it is compact. Making it easier to conceal. Isn't putting the magazine extension on this pistol actually defeating the purpose. Why not just go with the full size pistol and be done with it.

Hiding the barrel of the pistol ins't the problem. It is down in my pants. it is the grip that gives you away. So, why would I want to make it bigger?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Default Re: Mag Extension on Compact Pistols.

On my MK40 sub-compact, I used the extended mag as an extra. It is more comfortable to shoot than the flat mag and carries one more round. The flat mag is inserted as the primary mag for ease of concealment.

(Philadelphia County)

you're right, it defeats the purpose. there is nothing wrong with carrying, say, glock 17 mags as spares for your 26. However, if you're going to carry your 26 with a +2 extension so your pinky has a place to rest...you probably should have just got a glock 19.

(Allegheny County)

Why do people buy a truck and then put a cap on it? Why not just buy an SUV?

It's all about options.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

i concur... I'd have rather had an extra 10round mag for my xd than the 13 w/ the insert... i use it at the range but i'm not gonna carry with it

(Cambria County)

I understand wanting one for the range. Or competition. But not for concealment side of it. Kind of defeats the purpose. I guess carrying the High Capacity Mag as an extra would be a good option.

Does anyone that carries a compact pistol, carry with the High Capacity magazine, that gives you the pinky extension? Or do you carry it with the shorter magazine?

If you are using the shorter magazine for Self Defense Carry. Shouldn't you be using it to pratice with. They say to practice with what you carry.

Doesn't using the pinky rest give you a different feel. I mean, it does shoot differently with the shorter grip, does it not? I'm asking, I don't know.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    I understand wanting one for the range. Or competition. But not for concealment side of it. Kind of defeats the purpose. I guess carrying the High Capacity Mag as an extra would be a good option.

Does anyone that carries a compact pistol, carry with the High Capacity magazine, that gives you the pinky extension? Or do you carry it with the shorter magazine?

If you are using the shorter magazine for Self Defense Carry. Shouldn't you be using it to pratice with. They say to practice with what you carry.

Doesn't using the pinky rest give you a different feel. I mean, it does shoot differently with the shorter grip, does it not? I'm asking, I don't know.
    I carry my XD45c with the 10 Rd mag.
    I carry the 13 Rd as my backup, and use both at the range.
    I can't really tell any significant difference between the two.
    I can tell the difference with a full sized grip vs. the compact grip in concealability.
    I love the XD!
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

I only put 100 or so rounds thru my XD so far. When I carry it I use the 10 round mag. I do have two 16 round mags which I use at the ranges. Even though I have small hands I like the longer mag, thats why I bought another one. To me they shoot the same. Plus its lazyness with the longer mags. Speedloader my butt!
    At golf courses they have caddys. How come they don't have mag loaders at the ranges. That would be a good job for a kid. I'd be willing to throw a few dollars his way to load my mags.

i've got a pearce finger extension on my g29, but i dont find those to add any noticeable difference in size, but do a world of difference in how the grip feels....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    you're right, it defeats the purpose. there is nothing wrong with carrying, say, glock 17 mags as spares for your 26. However, if you're going to carry your 26 with a +2 extension so your pinky has a place to rest...you probably should have just got a glock 19.
    ya know my dad says the same thing, guess i need to get a g19 as well so i have the full set. In my own defence, the extension i have on my g26 mag is slightly shorter than a g19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast