Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: PV looking for 6% tax increase

Something I have said before:

As a former NYC resident I can tell you that no mater how much tolls and taxes they impose... it will never, ever, ever, be enough. Governments always find a way to waste the money they raise and come back for more. I will modify a quote I heard somewhere else and say... giving money to government is like feeding wild animals, they keep coming back for more and then they attack you for not feeding them.

Put another way... if we give them money they will hire more cops. Rather then use those cops to go after drug dealers and gangsters, they will arm them with radar guns and set them loose on us to give more traffic tickets. They will institute quotas on those cops because they now have to support their even larger budget requirements. Its a bottomless pit. You can see a very clearly failed model in NYC that only leads to misery. Better they have just a handful of cops who are busy answering real 911 calls rather then hiring more with so much free time on their hands that they set up speed traps and otherwise harass citizens.

No taxes, No tolls. They can make due with what they have and figure out how to stretch their resources. The best government is a Starving One.

If there is anything we learned from Obama... it is that change is usually for the worse. The Founding Fathers knew this. That is why they made it so hard to get new laws passed.
    Last edited by tsafa; May 17th, 2010 at 05:07 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: PV looking for 6% tax increase

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Something I have said before:

As a former NYC resident I can tell you that no mater how much tolls and taxes they impose... it will never, ever, ever, be enough. Governments always find a way to waste the money they raise and come back for more. I will modify a quote I heard somewhere else and say... giving money to government is like feeding wild animals, they keep coming back for more and then they attack you for not feeding them.

Put another way... if we give them money they will hire more cops. Rather then use those cops to go after drug dealers and gangsters, they will arm them with radar guns and set them loose on us to give more traffic tickets. They will institute quotas on those cops because they now have to support their even larger budget requirements. Its a bottomless pit. You can see a very clearly failed model in NYC that only leads to misery. Better they have just a handful of cops who are busy answering real 911 calls rather then hiring more with so much free time on their hands that they set up speed traps and otherwise harass citizens.

No taxes, No tolls. They can make due with what they have and figure out how to stretch their resources. The best government is a Starving One.

If there is anything we learned from Obama... it is that change is usually for the worse. The Founding Fathers knew this. That is why they made it so hard to get new laws passed.

Starving the beast may be the only way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123