Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hey Brian

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: hey Brian

Td i don't think the non jfg guy will ever understand how we do things in the Lebanon forum
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lebanon County)

Bender, are you working with all steel, all cast Iron, all aluminum, something else, or a combination of metals? You may have to fabricate an adapter of some sort to weld to one of the pieces and then bolt the other part to it. I may be able to help you with that, I use Cimex CAD at work and could create a DXF or DDES file that would work with waterjet or laser to make what you need. (I also know someone who has access to a waterjet and a laser.)
    I'll need accurate dimensions in a rough sketch but it should be an easy design. ¼" thick steel scraps big enough to do that sort of thing are plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Don't you guys have phones or email or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    ummm.... nah, even the newspaper says USA Last Week.... pretty far out in the boonies here, makes Perry County look civilized

fucking troll
    He obviously doesn't understand how we communicate and joke around with each other. Posting in the forum puts a question or request for help out to everyone instead of making several specific phone calls. Maybe someone will notice something that could be a possible setback and offer a solution, (maybe something like not working with all the same kind of metal).
    If Brian isn't available to help with this welding project maybe I would be, or maybe my son would be, Bender knows that Brian is the professional welder in the area so he directed his question squarely towards him but left it open for anyone else to chime in with an offer. It allows anyone the opportunity to step in and help, even the possibility for someone previously unknown to enter the scene make a few new friends. Quite often a work detail leads to an outing at the range to celebrate a successful endeavor, it turns into multiple levels of satisfaction.

Let me ask you a serious question or 3 str8shooter, and please don't feel that I'm busting your balls, I'm just curious;

What was the purpose for making that comment?
    I didn't find it to be highly offensive but it did seem a bit rude and condescending. If you don't care for the way we communicate why would you even be browsing the forum we frequent? On top of that, why would you post in the forum, especially with an offhand comment that may serve to make the natives restless?
    And then why would you follow it up with one like this?
    As opposed to this comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Bender should come with a translator or at least a spell checker
    tdcuzIkinspellyoung58

It looks like you're within about an hour ± drive from us so I can see where you might want to follow our chatter and take part in one of our group shoots but I have to say that this isn't the best way to introduce yourself.
    When we plan an event we'll post it in the Shoots & Range Trips forum like we did the last time, we try to be friendly to everyone.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...t-cookout.html

I see that you've been a PAFOA member in good standing for quite a while, I've seen many of your posts and I've never taken you to be a troll.
    I'm not going to apologize for anyone else's comments and I'm not going to try to defend your comments but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps you were making a light hearted comment in jest and it wasn't taken as such, I'll admit that it didn't sit too well with me when I saw it last night but I refrained from posting a response at that time and I'm glad I did, I'm feeling a lot more polite this morning.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    <snip>
    Let me ask you a serious question or 3 str8shooter, and please don't feel that I'm busting your balls, I'm just curious;

What was the purpose for making that comment?
    <snip>
    My intention was to make a funny because it took a day for Bender to get his response, but I apparently launched a lead balloon instead. It wasn't my first, most likely won't be the last.

It looks like you're within about an hour ± drive from us so I can see where you might want to follow our chatter and take part in one of our group shoots but I have to say that this isn't the best way to introduce yourself. When we plan an event we'll post it in the Shoots & Range Trips forum like we did the last time, we try to be friendly to everyone.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...t-cookout.html
    I'll keep my eye out for the next one. I check the site calendar once in a while, but never thought to check the shoots/range trips forum (actually didn't know it existed.) I've been to some Lancaster meet-n-greet-n-eats, so I might even know a few people who have been to them.

I can't guarantee you won't still think I'm an a-hole if you meet me, but at least you'll have something to base it on other than an ill timed, poorly worded attempt at humor.

I see that you've been a PAFOA member in good standing for quite a while, I've seen many of your posts and I've never taken you to be a troll.

I'm not going to apologize for anyone else's comments and I'm not going to try to defend your comments but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.
    I appreciate your candor, as well as asking before assuming. I don't troll, have never had an infraction, ban or received any now defunct negative rep. I have however received many WTF pm's when my written words were no where near as funny on the forum as they were in my head. I'll chalk this up to be one of those cases.

Perhaps you were making a light hearted comment in jest and it wasn't taken as such, I'll admit that it didn't sit too well with me when I saw it last night but I refrained from posting a response at that time and I'm glad I did, I'm feeling a lot more polite this morning.
    I thought I correctly interpreted the humor in tdyoung58's first comment regarding the spelling, and also thought he recognized my comment as a joke. If he didn't add the last statement in an obscure font, I never would have known he and probably others took offense to it.

I guess what we can all take away from this is that without vocal inflection, facial expressions and body language, the written word is open to many interpretations. Also, not everyone on the forum is privvy to who knows whom personally, so when someone takes a shot at a member that's injected with sacasm and humor, it is apparently a mistake to respond likewise and then learn that the previous comments were made between an inner circle of friends who might not receive an outsider's comment as being made in the same vein.

So to Bender, brian, tdyoung58 and you mauser, I do apologize. Maybe if I made better use of the smileys there never would have been doubt of my intended message.
    Last edited by str8shooter; May 17th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.

My intention was to make a funny because it took a day for Bender to get his response, but I apparently launched a lead balloon instead. It wasn't first, most likely won't be the last.
    my apologies for not getting it as a joke.... now that I realize it I reatract my colorful language... as like Mauser, have always thought you were one of the un-trolls here.... but yeah sometimes stiupid shite happens, especially in the written rather than the verbal.

and as Mauser said, feel welcome to drive on over some time we're having a cookout /shoot sometime.... they're always fun

btw, was gonna rep ya..... but gotta spread the rep-love
    Last edited by tdyoung58; May 17th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Td i don't think the non jfg guy will ever understand how we do things in the Lebanon forum
    Lesson two I learned from this: Pay attention to the forum section.

Sorry Bender, bad form on my part all around.

(Lancaster County)

all the mat's used are aluminum and im trying to modify a stock part to except a holly 600 cfm 4 bbl
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lebanon County)

alum iz all guud.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post

alum iz all guud.

(Lebanon County)

Wouldn't a 600 Holley flood that little hamster wheel?

(Lancaster County)

nah with the cam and bigger valves with the new pistons it will love it
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast