Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Primanti Bros Monroeville, PA

Okay Westies, i'm coming west for a carbine class.

How about we get together Saturday May 22nd at say 7-7;30pm at the Primanti Bros in Monroeville.

It'd be great to meet some of you westies - plus, i've never eaten at a Primanti's before.

So, who's in?

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: Primanti Bros Monroeville, PA

I'll try to make it, if I'm welcome...?

Will let you know for sure a couple days before. It'd be fun to meet up and food is always a great thing!
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Primanti Bros Monroeville, PA

I'll check with my boss to see if she didn't already schedule me in somewhere.

(also, if i'm welcome )
    food got me to my first group shoot

that's a good class btw

(Allegheny County)

sounds good to me.

It will depend on my wifes schedule, wether or not my son needs to be where and when and a host of other considerations. But otherwise, Im in.

(Montgomery County)

Of course you are all welcome.

That way when we argue on the internet well know each other better.

Seriously, it'd be great to meet you. Nothing like having some good food and getting to know each other.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Of course you are all welcome.

That way when we argue on the internet well know each other better.

Seriously, it'd be great to meet you. Nothing like having some good food and getting to know each other.
    ok then.

there's a homecoming party for the guy who's house i did a bunch of work to but it's early afternoon.

I should be there.

27lefthand ed

(Allegheny County)

If you want a GOOD Primanti sandwich, you better go to the strip district!!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City View Post
    If you want a GOOD Primanti sandwich, you better go to the strip district!!!!!!!!

I mentioned this fact already in the parent thread. But, really... ALL of the Primanti's do a great sammich. The Strip just has the authentic atmosphere and environment.

But, the South Side Primanti's is certainly full of great things to look at on late a Saturday night. If the OP wants, we can re-meet up down there around 2:10am and maybe even take some of those things home... lol The decorations become even better to admire as the weather gets warmer.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
    I mentioned this fact already in the parent thread. But, really... ALL of the Primanti's do a great sammich. The Strip just has the authentic atmosphere and environment.

But, the South Side Primanti's is certainly full of great things to look at on late a Saturday night. If the OP wants, we can re-meet up down there around 2:10am and maybe even take some of those things home... lol The decorations become even better to admire as the weather gets warmer.

I disagree, you couldn't pay me to eat at one of the suburban wannabeeeees! If you love, cook and live for food like I do, it's not hard to distinguish the difference between the strip location and the others. I agree the environment is certainly different and there is a location or 2 such as oakland that are decent. Unfortunately though, the suburban franchises really lost what I have enjoyed for 20+ years at the strip location!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel City View Post
    I disagree, you couldn't pay me to eat at one of the suburban wannabeeeees! If you love, cook and live for food like I do, it's not hard to distinguish the difference between the strip location and the others. I agree the environment is certainly different and there is a location or 2 such as oakland that are decent. Unfortunately though, the suburban franchises really lost what I have enjoyed for 20+ years at the strip location!

Honestly, I think... (mind you someof my non-memories of Primanti's runs were late-nite, after party runs...)

But, I think I've only ever been to the Strip, South Side, Oakland, Monroeville and Greensburg locations. I fully agree with ya that the Strip is where it's at, n'at. But, the Greensburg sammiches are an okay substitute.

Most of my Primanti's munging has been at the Oakland location on Forbes. This is because I was a student at Carnegie Mellon and used to cruise the Forbes/Fifth corridor pretty hardcore. (then lived in Oakland, Shadyside and Sq Hill, so it was the easiest to access. Plus, that parking lot between Primanti's and The O is always available - if you don't mind paying your tickets) Sometimes, back then, that Primanti's on Forbes looked like an oasis in a sea of booze and panties. lol (at least in my memory... )

-=-

Actually, The O should garner more respect from out of towners... The O can be a little ghetto later on, but it's certainly a Pittsburgh institution.
    F*S=k

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast