Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Should FOAC endorse Tom Corbett on their guide? Is he pro or anti-gun?

Wow and here I thought, Corbett, Sam, good choices and who ever wins is a good choice.

To vote dem is just plain ignorant or disregarding 2A and state pro firearm firearm

Wow......

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Should FOAC endorse Tom Corbett on their guide? Is he pro or anti-gun?

Maybe I'd look at an independent or 3rd party canidate.....if there is one. Call it what you want.....I'm done voting for RINOs....period. That being said.....I'll vote for Sam in a heartbeat.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Do I lock this thread now or later?

Seriously though, with all the "requirements" for posting here, why even start this thread? It seems that you expect everyone to read several other threads simply to be qualified to start commenting (arguing) in yet another thread on what is likely the same topic.
    I started this thread as an alternative to posting on: "Firearm Owners Against Crime- Biased BS!!"
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...biased-bs.html
    so that the title is not slanderous to FOAC as was suggested by another member, that way the offensive title would get buried.

my attempt was to focus on the FOAC guide and why or why not Corbett should be endorsed on it and how FOAC comes to their decition. I thought the other topics would be a prerequisite to be able to have an intelligent debate, I can change the wording if you like

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wcpastures View Post
    I started this thread as an alternative to posting on: "Firearm Owners Against Crime- Biased BS!!"
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...biased-bs.html
    so that the title is not slanderous to FOAC as was suggested by another member, that way the offensive title would get buried.

my attempt was to focus on the FOAC guide and why or why not Corbett should be endorsed on it and how FOAC comes to their decition. I thought the other topics would be a prerequisite to be able to have an intelligent debate, I can change the wording if you like
    Perhaps you should go straight to the Chairman of FOAC instead of questioning their decisions in an Internet forum. The Internet is full of info and also mis-truths. Why do you want others opinion on a PAC voter guide who probably had nothing to do with the process?

Their voter guide suggests two gubernatorial candidates that are pro gun/ pro 2A. If you have a problem with THEIR VOTER GUIDE TAKE IT UP WITH THEM!
    IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TOM CORBETT DON'T VOTE FOR HIM!

FOAC has worked tirelessly over the past 2 decades to make certain that our 2A rights and freedoms are not taken away all on a voluntary basis. Why are you attacking them? Gun owners face enough issues with antis let alone somebody like yourself who has a hair up his ass because they are not in agreement with a PAC decision. Remember this is a voter guide, not the Tablets carried from the Mount by Moses for all mankind!

In closing please ask yourself this - ARE YOU PART OF THE PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION?

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Throwin Lead View Post
    Perhaps you should go straight to the Chairman of FOAC instead of questioning their decisions in an Internet forum. The Internet is full of info and also mis-truths. Why do you want others opinion on a PAC voter guide who probably had nothing to do with the process?

Their voter guide suggests two gubernatorial candidates that are pro gun/ pro 2A. If you have a problem with THEIR VOTER GUIDE TAKE IT UP WITH THEM!
    IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TOM CORBETT DON'T VOTE FOR HIM!

FOAC has worked tirelessly over the past 2 decades to make certain that our 2A rights and freedoms are not taken away all on a voluntary basis. Why are you attacking them? Gun owners face enough issues with antis let alone somebody like yourself who has a hair up his ass because they are not in agreement with a PAC decision. Remember this is a voter guide, not the Tablets carried from the Mount by Moses for all mankind!

In closing please ask yourself this - ARE YOU PART OF THE PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION?
    I HAVE gone straight to Kim, the Chairman, at the meeting when the guide was brought up I tried to voice my concern. I was told that since I was not a member at the time I would have to wait to end of the meeting to ask my question. Many of the other members also had concerns and one of them asked that I be allowed to use his time to speak, he was denied and the meeting went on. It seemed like it was more a cheer-leading session for Corbett, which is fine if he wants to do that, but do so AFTER the primary and give Rohrer a chance! I signed up as a member at the end of the meeting and followed up with an email, to which I have not received a reply.

I am trying to understand Kim's decision and how he came to it. Kim has posted on here as “Activist” so he has ample means to respond so I am not trying to do anything behind his back. I think Kim would agree that I am not afraid to question someone face to face, including Corbett himself.

(Allegheny County)

I HAVE gone straight to Kim, the Chairman, at the meeting when the guide was brought up I tried to voice my concern. I was told that since I was not a member at the time I would have to wait to end of the meeting to ask my question. Many of the other members also had concerns and one of them asked that I be allowed to use his time to speak, he was denied and the meeting went on. It seemed like it was more a cheer-leading session for Corbett, which is fine if he wants to do that, but do so AFTER the primary and give Rohrer a chance! I signed up as a member at the end of the meeting and followed up with an email, to which I have not received a reply.

I am trying to understand Kim's decision and how he came to it. Kim has posted on here as “Activist” so he has ample means to respond so I am not trying to do anything behind his back. I think Kim would agree that I am not afraid to question someone face to face, including Corbett himself.
    If you would have done more listening at the meeting instead of trying to push your question through, you might have learned a thing or two about Corbett. But instead you had an agenda that blinded you from comprehending what was said repeatedly.

I was at the FOAC Meeting that you were at. Kim was more than nice enough then to let you ask a question once you handed in your membership application AFTER you had tried to circumvent the FOAC bylaws of the meeting by grandstanding.

do i like Corbett, Yes, but i'm voting for Rohrer.

Corbett has done more to advance the 2nd Amendment in PA than any other person in office. tripled the number of states we have reciprocity with.

i've been with FOAC now for two years, and in those two years i have learned more about the 2nd amendment than most of the people on this board care to admit. i know how the grading system works. if you look Rohrer and Corbett are both listed as suitable candidates.

as for the video you took, why don't you post the whole video from that day and let people make up their own mind.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

------------------------------Snip---------------------------------------

This has nothing to do with what you are or are not afraid of. You have demonstrated that you have a set of balls bigger than Christmas globes but the brain the size of a dog pecker gnat, but I digress.....

It is stated on the FOAC voter guide that endorsements were achieved by a 4 point criteria:
    1. Questionnaire
    2. Personal interviews
    3.Legislative record
    4.Public Statements

So for the gubernatorial choices that passed the criteria boils down to two - Rohrer & Corbett. THEIR MERITS EARNED THEM THE ENDORSEMENT - WHY IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
    I take it that you are opposed to Corbett even being considered by FOAC and the only candidate that should have been worthy of the FOAC endorsement is Rohrer. Am I correct so far? So what is the big deal? ELECTIONS ARE ABOUT CHOICES! It's your decision what choice to make.

If you don't like Corbett vote for Rohrer or vice versa.

You don't agree with a voter guide so you want to disparage the group that took the time to put the information together so gun owners have choices?

So tell me grasshopper - how would debating the chairman of FOAC in a public pro gun Internet forum because your feelings are hurt benefit me as a gun owner or further the cause of protecting the 2nd Amendment over a voter guide loaded with "choices" that would aid the 2A cause?

Why not attend the next FOAC meeting and air your gripe there instead of here?

+10 to renegade phoenix - show all of the footage that you took at the meeting not just excerpts you chose to spin.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    as for the video you took, why don't you post the whole video from that day and let people make up their own mind.
    I was just going to request that Wcpastures do this!

I have heard from at least 4 people who were at the meeting who say that video was edited to produce the slant Wcpastures is pushing.

I think Rohrer is a very good candidate when it comes to pro-2A and constitutional issues. Corbett has obvioiusly done a lot for gun owners as well. Could he have done even more? Sure, all of them could!

I'm still truly undecided between Rhorer and Corbett. I was leaning towards Rhorer when I first saw these videos, but the more I see and read, the more I really want to lean more about Corbett other than just what Wcpastures has posted.

I feel like I am being dupped by his selectively edited videos. Taking parts of peoples responses out of context can really turn things around.

Wcpastures, who are you? What is your real underlying motivation on here? Did you just join PAFOA to pimp your candidate and stir up shit in the Corbett camp?

Step up, step out with your unedited video footage or step off IMO. Otherwise you are just doing all gun owners a dis-service by promoting a skewed view due to your personal bias.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncitis View Post

I have heard from at least 4 people who were at the meeting who say that video was edited to produce the slant Wcpastures is pushing.
    Make that 5

(Mercer County)

I do have more video footage of the meeting that I can post and am willing to do so. Yes I did shorten the videos most people will not watch an hour long youtube video and they limit the length to 10 min. I did not film the entire meeting, mostly just the questions. Also after I posted the clips I got wind that Kim and another member did not want me to even be filming at all and that in future meetings it would be banned. I am willing to post more of the questions unedited if Kim "Activist" is ok with that. I think I have already upset him and hope he will still speak to me. I hope that Kim and I have the same goals of protecting the 2nd Amendment. Although I don't understand his strategies, this is what I need help on. Why would FOAC have a meeting to promote Corbett BEFORE the primaries! The same question I had for the Republican Party after endorsing Corbett and not giving Sam Rohrer a fair chance and allowing the voters to choose. This is what angers me!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast