Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default I KNOW these are out there...½" weaver riser

I know that these things are available, but the only ones that I seem to find are mil-spec $50-$60 pieces.

I need a riser for my weaver/picatinny rail that is about a half-inch high, and all I can seem to find are one inchers. (six inches long, roughly)

I simply want to co-witness my red-dot with my iron sites without having the dot sitting in the bottom of the sight; basically I want the dot to be centered in the housing so that I can look through the BUIS, through the red-dot, down the barrel and across the top of the front site, but see the whole sight-picture through the red-dot. Right now, they are co-witnessed, but I'm staring across the bottom of the scope.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: I KNOW these are out there...½" weaver riser

I have a Barska AR Riser Mount I bought off Amazon. I believe it was about $25. I measured the height at 11/16", not a 1/2", but it's closer.

Default Re: I KNOW these are out there...½" weaver riser

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    I know that these things are available, but the only ones that I seem to find are mil-spec $50-$60 pieces.

I need a riser for my weaver/picatinny rail that is about a half-inch high, and all I can seem to find are one inchers. (six inches long, roughly)

I simply want to co-witness my red-dot with my iron sites without having the dot sitting in the bottom of the sight; basically I want the dot to be centered in the housing so that I can look through the BUIS, through the red-dot, down the barrel and across the top of the front site, but see the whole sight-picture through the red-dot. Right now, they are co-witnessed, but I'm staring across the bottom of the scope.
    I wasn't sure if you meant all you could find were 6" long, or what you wanted was a rise that was 6" long. Either way, Here's a 1/2" picatinny riser from burris. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=439361 . If you go to midway and search for picatinny risers, you'll find plenty, some longer, and some not quite listing their height. Either way, I'm sure you might be able to find what you need there.

I also wanted to mention, you do know that Weaver and Picatinny mounts are slightly different right? They have slightly different dimensions.