Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: ltcf renewal

(Bucks County)

Default ltcf renewal

Got the renewal post card in the mail , stopped by the government services building on New Falls Road in Levittown yesterday, 5/5, to renew my ltcf.
    A friendly woman gave me the renewal form and when completed, entered the info into the system and took my photo and $46. She said I would receive a call within 10 days telling me that I could come back to the office to pick up my "permit".
    Today, 5/6, my son said that the message on our answering machine said my "permit" was ready for me to pick up.
    Took about 30 minutes at the office and no problems encountered. I plan on picking up the "permit" tomorrow.

Mike45

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ltcf renewal

We were also in there on 5/5... as documented here....As i'm reading your post I ask Mrs to check the machine...sure enough her's is ready also. And they have "special" Saturday hours this weekend.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    She said I would receive a call within 10 days telling me that I could come back to the office to pick up my "permit".
    Today, 5/6, my son said that the message on our answering machine said my "permit" was ready for me to pick up.

Mike45
    The woman at the desk told me if they leave a message on your machine, they will say your "permit" is ready to be picked up.

She said they don't want to leave a message saying your "LTCF" or "Gun License" is ready in case someone else hears the message. Seems like a good idea to me.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    The woman at the desk told me if they leave a message on your machine, they will say your "permit" is ready to be picked up.

She said they don't want to leave a message saying your "LTCF" or "Gun License" is ready in case someone else hears the message. Seems like a good idea to me.

Besides...it's against the law to disclose that information:

(i) Confidentiality.-- All information provided by the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant, including, but not limited to, the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant's name or identity, furnished by a potential purchaser or transferee under this section or any applicant for a license to carry a firearm as provided by section 6109 shall be confidential and not subject to public disclosure.

In addition to any other sanction or penalty imposed by this chapter, any person, licensed dealer, State or local governmental agency or department that violates this subsection shall be liable in civil damages in the amount of $1,000 per occurrence or three times the actual damages incurred as a result of the violation, whichever is greater, as well as reasonable attorney fees.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    The woman at the desk told me if they leave a message on your machine, they will say your "permit" is ready to be picked up..
    They told me the same.
    Went in Friday to pick up the new $46 plastic version and was on my way in minutes. They also mentioned that if you go to Doylestown, you can renew on the spot , no delay.

Mike45

(Bucks County)

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the "NO GUNS" sign on the door of the office where you apply and pick up your ltcf...

Mike45

(Luzerne County)

Got the renewal post card in the mail , stopped by the government services building on New Falls Road in Levittown yesterday, 5/5, to renew my ltcf.
    A friendly woman gave me the renewal form and when completed, entered the info into the system and took my photo and $46. She said I would receive a call within 10 days telling me that I could come back to the office to pick up my "permit".
    Took about 30 minutes at the office and no problems encountered. I plan on picking up the "permit" tomorrow.

Mike45
    They told me the same.
    Went in Friday to pick up the new $46 plastic version and was on my way in minutes. They also mentioned that if you go to Doylestown, you can renew on the spot , no delay.

Mike45

WOW!! $46..?? Now that is getting a little costly/ridiculous being that it is only $28.50 here in Schuylkill County for the same plastic LTCF... I just got mine on 4/20... I could have even brought in my own pic for $26... Why $46?

By statute, the LTCF cost is set at $25 no matter if it is the older paper license with no photo or the newer plastic one with photo. As we know, though, some sheriffs set their own fee regardless of the law

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAGUNNER View Post
    WOW!! $46..?? Why $46?
    Yea NEPAGUNNER, $46...last renewal 5 years ago cost me $19 for the paper version. I don't think it ever came out of my wallet so give me the $19 paper one.

I guess the higher fee may be helping to fund the state worker's pension accounts. Service fees have always been an easy way to increase revenues to our state's coffers. But as HiredGoon said, some sheriffs take things into their own hands...

Mike45

(Bucks County)

What is the issue date on your LTCF? My wife has an issue date of 5/5...the same day she put in the app.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the "NO GUNS" sign on the door of the office where you apply and pick up your ltcf...

I was kind of hoping to have to go in because of that sign...just to see what would happen. But the wife was able to get things straightened out with the phone call to me instead.