Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Police arrest Bethlehem man for allegedly carrying a concealed gun inside a bar

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/beth...em_man_fo.html

April 28, 2010, 11:14AM
    A Bethlehem man faces charges after police found him carrying a concealed gun Tuesday inside MacGrady's Pub in the 100 block of East Third Street, court records say.

Dennis DiCristina, 31, of the 2600 block of East Boulevard, was with a man police suspected of being involved in a recent city burglary, records say. Police asked DiCristina if he had anything they should know about, and he told them he was carrying a Glock .40-caliber handgun, records say.

Police removed the handgun, which was tucked in DiCristina's waistband, and arrested him, records say. Police reported the gun was not carried openly, and DiCristina is not licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

DiCristina was charged with firearms not to be carried without a license. He was arraigned before District Judge Adrianne Masut and sent to Northampton County Prison in lieu of 10 percent of $10,000 bail.

The man with whom DiCristina was sitting at the bar was Keith Anthony Jr., of the 1200 block of Washington Street in Easton, records say. It was not clear if police suspected Anthony of the burglary.

When police approached Anthony, they saw him handle small plastic bags and later dropped them under the table, records say. The bags contained heroin, records say.

Anthony was charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a small amount of marijuana. He was sent to Northampton County Prison in lieu of $15,000 bail.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Police arrest Bethlehem man for allegedly carrying a concealed gun inside a bar

The guy with the gun got a 10% out of 10,000 bail
    and the guy with drugs got a 15,000 bail seem kinda F'ed up.....

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Police arrest Bethlehem man for allegedly carrying a concealed gun inside a bar

i grew up on east 3rd. I still only live a few miles away. I actually go to that pub every once in a while(good food). Though sometimes there is a shady crowd inside. But i dont OC in there. they would probably ask me to leave. So i just CC
    Mathews Z7

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    i grew up on east 3rd. I still only live a few miles away. I actually go to that pub every once in a while(good food). Though sometimes there is a shady crowd inside. But i dont OC in there. they would probably ask me to leave. So i just CC
    I've been in there. To say the crowd is shady is an understatement. Lots of scumbags, knuckleheads, and general sloots.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

atleast the news and police got the language right this time.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I've been in there. To say the crowd is shady is an understatement. Lots of scumbags, knuckleheads, and general sloots.
    Dont hold anything back jcabin. let it all out. lol
    Mathews Z7

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Dreggie View Post
    Dont hold anything back jcabin. let it all out. lol
    Letting it all out would entail saying how if my friends and I weren't all carrying guns, I probably would have been very tempted to knock a couple dirt bags out. Talk about a bastion for the low class and strung out.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Letting it all out would entail saying how if my friends and I weren't all carrying guns, I probably would have been very tempted to knock a couple dirt bags out. Talk about a bastion for the low class and strung out. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
    Fixed it for you.

So should this DiCristina fellow just have said "No" when asked if there was anything the police should know about? I do not condone carrying a firearm in an illegal manner but I would think in that situation (carrying illegally) that its best not to spill the beans to the police.

(Northampton County)

I go there all the time, but CC. Definitely not an open-carry friendly place.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    atleast the news and police got the language right this time.
    I disagree.

Police arrest Bethlehem man for allegedly carrying a concealed gun inside a bar
    From the headline I imagine that the reporter and/or the editor believe carry in bars is illegal in PA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast