Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default When can you start buying doe tags?

Maybe it's a bit early, maybe not? IIRC last year all the doe tags in my county were sold out by june or july, something like that. I received my hunter trapper cert in the middle of september, and all the doe tags in my county had already been sold out 2 months before hand.

So, when can you? Does this change from area to area?
    How many can you buy? There is some kind of round system?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Washington County)

Default Re: When can you start buying doe tags?

check your book from this year, they dates will be close and it explains how to apply and only one tag application per round (Special regs areas are different)
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCO,R.W.J View Post
    check your book from this year, they dates will be close and it explains how to apply and only one tag application per round (Special regs areas are different)
    I didn't get a book this year. Where can I obtain one?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I didn't get a book this year. Where can I obtain one?
    http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...=608412&mode=2

Or you can check your local store to see if they have any extras.
    III%

(Bucks County)

The key is to purchase your next license close to July 1 and get the new book.

Last year they moved the first round date up into July [third week?] instead of early August as an attempt to get the doe licenses into the hunters by the start of archery. It was well announcedbut still took guys by suprise since the ffirst weel of August was the time for so many years...

Since it was the advent of the Point of Sale [POS] system the actually set up a web page where you could check to see if you were awarded your first and second round choices...You had to mail to a county treasurer but not in the county where you wanted your permit. That was a real change as they had just gone thru a number years of having us mail to PO boxes in Harrisburg by WMU instead of going to the county you wanted [pre WMU]...There were a few counties who were tardy in issuing the licenses causing some to miss their first round pick even though they had mailed them on time.

Monroe, Northampton and Bucks were all timely.

I just left my book at camp or I would look up the exact dates from last year.
    Last edited by wis bang; April 28th, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

(Monroe County)

Just follow this forum too bud and you'll see a bunch of posts about it.

Also you can order everything online and they ship it to you and it makes managing everything a TON easier. They definitely outsourced their Outdoor Shop design to a competent company (in Ky if I remember correctly)

Also when the times comes I'll tell you what DMAP tags you want to pickup if you are going to archery hunt in the area around you up there.

and get your bow soon so you can start practicing... its not like a rifle where you pick it up, fire 10 rounds and you are good enough to hunt :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(York County)

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/portal/se...unity/pgc/9106

Attached is the link to the PGC web page maybe you'll be able to find preseason info directly from the web page. I know the 2009/2010 licenses expire 30-June-10 and the 2010/2011 licenses are valid beginning 1-Jul-10.
    They are now tied to Pa's fiscal year.

(Clinton County)

They will not be selling doe tags for the 2010 season. The deer management plan has been so successful that white tail deer are now on the endangered species list. You can still take your children to see them in several zoo's across the state. But do not dispair, new priority has been given to Bear management.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag View Post
    They will not be selling doe tags for the 2010 season. The deer management plan has been so successful that white tail deer are now on the endangered species list. You can still take your children to see them in several zoo's across the state. But do not dispair, new priority has been given to Bear management.
    How many of the non-existing Pa whitetails would you like shipped to your farm or yard?
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Clinton County)

I bought my farm 25 years ago. My family enjoyed good deer hunting along with good grouse hunting. Over the last 5 years we have not taken a deer. For 2 of those years we saw no deer during the rifle season. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire and live here . It would be nice if there was actually a deer management plan that was working and a land management plan that was working. I am also fortunate to have traveled all over the United States while working for a major company. I hunted in several of those states and in Canada. I understand what mangement that is working looks like. My grandfather was is land management with the Game Commission for 30 years. He was quite prophetic about the result of the current management plan before his passing. So send all the deer to my farm you can spare. We would enjoy seeing them again, as would most Pa hunters.