Here is the thing that I think too many trainers forget-

I have been in a few scrapes ranging from trigger pulling to defending open handed against edged weapons. I am a realist and chalk the most of it up to being aware and having tons of luck. Because something works for me one time under stress does not mean that I am going to try to make it my "secret move", or even worse commercially teach it. That said I am not going to take what someone else was able to do in a situation that I was not involved in and teach it commercially as a "secret move".

There are way too many people taking hearsay and war stories as the tactical truth and making it personal doctrine. The worst thing is when someone who knows even less than them comes looking for information on in person or on the net, they are all too happy to share. In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king.

I absolutely do not agree that all training is useful. That is absolute BS. Too many people who believe they are training for the defensive use of a pistol are really only training to shoot a pistol.

Everyone has a nice pretty draw on the buzzer, but when you have them draw in reaction to someone else drawing on them what you get is lots of exaggerated movement. They are all a**holes and elbows. So if even the draw is ate up how do you think the rest of the scenario will play out?

I think that some are confusing a two to the chest and one to the head / failure drills with taking a controlled shot at the bad guys head when you have time, especially from behind cover. I explain it like this, if you have time to take a breath you have time to get on the sights. Problem is that some times it happens too fast.

Here is the question of the day- am I being giving information or am I searching for knowledge?- George