Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What 9mm?

(Wyoming County)

Default What 9mm?

I am looking for a 9mm.. I want it for concealed carry so I am looking for something smaller.. I work for a ministry so I dont have a lot of money to spend.. So I want opinions on the more reasonable but dependable 9's.... Thanks Guys and gals...

(Berks County)

Default Re: What 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Inhimwelive View Post
    I am looking for a 9mm.. I want it for concealed carry so I am looking for something smaller.. I work for a ministry so I dont have a lot of money to spend.. So I want opinions on the more reasonable but dependable 9's.... Thanks Guys and gals...
    If you're looking for an easy to conceal 9mm that's reasonably priced, take a look at the Kel-Tec PF-9 and P-11. Both are relatively small for a 9mm and can be had for around $300, especially if you pick one up used at a local shop or gun show.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pf9.html
    http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p11.html

If these are still too big, then take a look at the Kel-tec P-3AT or P-32. They aren't 9mm, but they are cheaper and even smaller.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Wyoming County)

I'm pretty set on 9mm.. If I wasn't I would probably buy a bersa in 380.. What about the S@W Sigma? I've never held one so I'm not sure if it would make a good ccw...

(Bucks County)

I have an older XD9 Service (i.e., 4" barrel) I just picked up as part of a trade, that I don't really need. I could sell you that plus 2 15rd mags and 1 10rd mag for $300. I don't know how old it is or the round count; I fired it once at the range and it seems ok.

(Venango County)

I don't know that anybody makes a "bad" one...it's all personal preference. go to the shops and see what they feel like in your hand. If you get a chance to get together for a shoot, I'm sure there will be a few 9s to try out.

See if there are any rental ranges around your area.

what works for someone else may not work for you, I love my Glock22 but there are people here that will tell you they absolutely hate them. So see what you like!

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Lawrence County)

That is a good price right there... My Ruger P95 was $325 out the door with tax, registration, and a box of ammo... And it only came with 2 10 round mags...
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Montgomery County)

I have over 5400 rounds through my Sprinfield Armory XD-9mm Ultra-Compact. 3.1 inch barrell.

I's been very accurate for me.

I think its about $499 now for a plastic holster a speed loader two 10 rnd mags and 1 16 round mag and a mag holder.

It is a little wide, since it's a double stack but for 5400 rounds without one dud or misfeed from the OEM magazines, I'd say it's very very reliable.

The only misfeeds I've had was from my 32 round aftermarket mags that basically stink, don't buy any aftermarket mags...

Stick with OEM mags.

I have 10 OEM mags and never never a problem.

I'm actually impressed I've never had a dud from winchester whitebox!

I did have two duds from a box of federal .45 ammunition!
    Last edited by whoshisface; September 25th, 2007 at 10:15 AM.

go with a glock or XD..... and whatever you do dont be a sigma buyer, please!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by markheck1 View Post
    I don't know that anybody makes a "bad" one...it's all personal preference. go to the shops and see what they feel like in your hand. If you get a chance to get together for a shoot, I'm sure there will be a few 9s to try out.

See if there are any rental ranges around your area.

what works for someone else may not work for you, I love my Glock22 but there are people here that will tell you they absolutely hate them. So see what you like!
    May I call your attention to the Jennings J-9? Also known as the Bryco J-9.
    If there's any that I would call a "bad" one, this is it.
    I have 2 Jennings J-22s that are very reliable, not reliable enough to carry for protection, primary or BUG, but pretty good for Jennings. I bought a J-9, against everyone's recommendation, now I also recommend staying away from that particular gun.
    It was heavy, the felt recoil was unreasonable for a 9mm and prone to spontaneous, high velocity, multi directional self disassembly.
    Luckily for me it stayed together while I owned it. The dealer who bought it back from me told me of it's parts distribution event when he test fired it.

(Wyoming County)

Xd45 could you elaborate on the sigma?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast