Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Doctors are your friend and will help you get better

Default Re: Doctors are your friend and will help you get better

Seems that medical practice in general has gotten to the point that most people in it just do it for a bigger paycheck. Seriously, parents push their kids to become doctors and lawyers (nothing against lawyers at all here), just so they can make big money not so they can help people. There are so many doctors out there that don't care what they do that it is unreal. The few people that actually care if they help someone get/stay healthy are severely outnumbered by scum it seems.

Just another sad state of affairs in the world.

(Cumberland County)

I take it this is a jab at my police video. Yeah this is not good either.

When was the last time a Doctor was able to lock you up in Jail for no reason other than he felt like it? There is a real problem with police in general abusing authority.. If you don't agree that is fine.

(Montgomery County)

on sooo many levels this is wrong.

Someone writing a recommendation shouldn't be subject to this.

It's not for that person to discuss anything they don't want to nor embelishing those things they do.

Also just because this doctor diverted Rx drugs doesn't mean he endangered or lessened the amount of care of the patient, yet people are jumping all over it.

Drug abuse is common in doctors and often times it doesn't impede their treatment of patients.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post

I take it this is a jab at my police video. Yeah this is not good either.

When was the last time a Doctor was able to lock you up in Jail for no reason other than he felt like it? There is a real problem with police in general abusing authority.. If you don't agree that is fine.

Doctors injure and kill people all the time, not because they just feel like it, but because of misdiagnoses and poorly thought out drug combinations. Two of them working in unison, with the "help" of a few others, darn near killed me about 3 years ago. (That's not an exaggeration). I went out of town to get another opinion and found out what the real problem was. I'm glad to say that I'm not taking any medication now, haven't needed medical attention in more than 2 years and feel better than I have for many years.

I didn't think this was a jab at anyone or anything that had been posted. If that was the intention, I'm glad I didn't see it as such.

However, it did catch my attention because of past experiences of mine. Mine is a real long story that started March 20, 1984 and it appears to finally be headed for a happy ending. I'll spare everyone the details, but I will say that I've learned to not fully trust any group of "professionals" in any field because of incompetence and cover-up. It happens everywhere and does a great deal of harm to the reputations of the true professionals who should be trusted, not to mention the innocent victims of such bevavior.

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post

Drug abuse is common in doctors and often times it doesn't impede their treatment of patients.
    Drug abuse (and alcohol abuse) does indeed impede a person's ability to think and function properly. I don't want to be treated by a doctor who is abusing drugs any more than I want to ride in a car being driven by someone abusing drugs, or trust the safety of my family to a carnival ride operator who is abusing drugs, and the list goes on.... I know it happens quite often, but that doesn't make it OK, or any less dangerous.

(Cumberland County)

I have no love for doctors either.

(Montgomery County)

Maybe I missed something, I don't think that anywhere in the article did it say that that doctor was using while treating a patient.

If that' is not the case then I'd agree, I don't want him high as a kite when treating me either.

However, if he's or that carnival ride operator is using at home and not impeded when he's working on me I could care less.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    Maybe I missed something, I don't think that anywhere in the article did it say that that doctor was using while treating a patient.

If that' is not the case then I'd agree, I don't want him high as a kite when treating me either.

However, if he's or that carnival ride operator is using at home and not impeded when he's working on me I could care less.
    Correct, you didn't say abusing while treating, or studying, or anything else to do with "work". I've known and worked with enough drug abusers to know that all too often they don't don't function properly when they're between "highs" or "fixes".
    I know, I've heard the arguments about occasional recreational use being harmless. Have you known pot smokers who wake up "burned out" rather than hung over in the morning? Sorry, but my opinion is that drug abuse is drug abuse, and doctors of all people should know better and more importantly be completely unimpaired. I don't want them to decide my fate while impaired, hung over, burned out, or thinking about their next high.

(Montgomery County)

All good points.

As for typical recreational drug use:

POT:

Pot is not physically addictive.

Pot only has lasting effects when taken chronically for long periods of time.

If anyone is taking pot regularly and has done so for long periods of time they are not a doctor and you'd know it when you talked to them.

Crack, heroin, cocaine, LSD etc...

You'll know if someone is abusing these..

Lesser opioid derivatives:

People use these all the time to treat real illness and function fine after a period of adjustment unless their dose is extremely high in which case you'll know it when you talk to them, its readily apparent.