Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default 2a Friendly local Polictial Canidates?

Anyone have info on the current batch of Carbon Cty contenders with regards to 2a issues (or perhaps a lack thereof)?

(Carbon County)

Talking Re: 2a Friendly local Polictial Canidates?

Not yet but that would be my first question to any one running for any office.

That includes Dog Catcher and up.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: 2a Friendly local Polictial Canidates?

His name is Steven Armbruster. He is running for carbon county sheriff.

Here is his opening letter on his web site http://armbruster4sheriff.com/
    And there is a lot more info you should read on his website. This guy rules.

"Dear Citizens of Carbon County,

The most important aspect of the county sheriff’s authority is that he is elected by and for the people. He is not appointed, nor is he a bureaucrat. The sheriff is elected with the charge of protecting the civil liberties of the citizenry. He is answerable only to the citizens of his county.

As sheriff, I will erect barriers between the county authorities and the state and federal governments. In performing this function, I will enforce structural constitutional protections that safeguard liberty. A double security will be established by separating these powers, thus keeping government in check.

With respect to government officials who ignore the will of the people or refuse to abide by the mandates of the Constitution, we cannot expect to see these officials - many of whom hold high positions - miraculously realize the error of their ways. We must elect a county sheriff with the courage and dedication to defend our way of life and our natural (self-evident) God-given freedoms.

If given the opportunity by the voters of Carbon County, I will do just that.

In Defense of Liberty,

Steven Armbruster"

Also check out his "Sheriff's Posse Program"
    http://armbruster4sheriff.com/about/...posse-program/

(Carbon County)

I'm running for Weatherly Borough council.
    Check out my website:
    malinicsforcouncil2012.com

Steve Armbruster is A+ in my book.
    I met and spoke with him on a number of occasions, he's good people.
    • Constitutional sheriff
    • President of PA Chapter of OathKeepers
    • And a true friend of individual liberty and freedom.

I'm a preemptive member of the Carbon County Sheriff's Brigade for when he kicks Dwight Nothstien out on his hind quarters!

(Carbon County)

OK, Mike. Good to hear. My name is Mike too. I will be helping Steve out with some campaigning this saturday. We have a lot of foot work to do. Flyers to hand out, people to talk to.

I am also planning on being a part of his Sheriffs Brigade as well. I think Steve has a fantastic chance of winning but we cannot take this situation lightly. We must do the footwork necessary to get the job done. You cannot underestimate the power of the good ole boys network and/or name recognition. The current sheriff may have both of those things going for him. He's been doing that job for a long time.

The only thing we need to do is let people know who Steve is and what he and we stand for. We can do this by talking about him and telling people to check out his web site. When people find this information and figure out Steve's qualifications, voting for him will be a no-brainer.

The greatest chance we have of loosing is if we sit on our hands and do nothing.

The British SAS have a motto. "Who dares wins!" To me, this means we will do what others won't......therefore.... we will win! This is the ideal we need to hold dear.

Mike
    Last edited by lewprinting; June 24th, 2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Spelling error

(Carbon County)

Hey Mike and Mike, good to see old friends on here.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the Sheriff's Brigade?
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by xd40_jim View Post
    Hey Mike and Mike, good to see old friends on here.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the Sheriff's Brigade?

Hi Jim.

Here is some information on the Sheriffs brigade taken directly from steve armbruster's web site:

If elected sheriff, I will immediately institute a volunteer sheriff’s brigade program. This program is a concept that I have developed. I will accomplish this task by using the principles and elements of community policing.

The overall goal of the program is to merge the sheriff’s department with various citizen groups. These groups and their members will all ascribe to the principles of freedom and liberty, and brigade members will take an oath to defend the United States Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. At all times this program will remain strictly non-partisan and will encompass any issue where the civil rights of citizens are being threatened.

There will be a separation of activities such as when the department fulfills its court mandated duties, like serving warrants and enforcing court orders. The brigade will work routinely in an autonomous manor; however, it will work cooperatively with the sheriff’s office, not excluding deputizing brigade members. Through the brigade program, we will reestablish the county sheriff as the chief county constitutional officer. The brigade will also foster transparent involvement that aims to hold governmental officials to their oath of office.

As sheriff, I have pledged to obey only lawful orders and edicts. This is the first plank of the brigade program.

As to the second plank, I will facilitate the brigade and recruit members who have various skills and talents. Some persons may be able to offer their technical assistance. Others may be able to participate in organizing their local communities. Initially, the issues that we will focus on will be the environment, property rights, the Second Amendment, religious liberty and equal enforcement rights. Together with the brigade we will find ways to work cooperatively to ensure that the rights of the citizens are preserved.

Some examples of the assorted issues that we intend to take involvement in are:

Farming issues and defending local farmers and their property, thus protecting their right to operate farms and raise livestock.
    Assisting faith-based groups and individuals in preserving their religious and free speech rights.
    Assisting Second Amendment groups and working with them to preserve their liberty to own firearms, hunt and engage in shooting sports.
    Working together to identify at-risk citizens in danger of foreclosure and formulating ways to prevent this.
    Working with any other citizen who has been treated by government with bias or is being harassed by any government agency or official.
    The brigade also plans to hold events designed to educate law enforcement on their legal requirements to uphold the Pennsylvania State and U.S. Constitutions. We will also seek to educate the public on the many freedoms that are guaranteed to them.

The third plank of the brigade program will be assisting citizens in their local neighborhoods and preparing them for emergencies and potential disasters. I will also facilitate civil preparedness training. Coupled with this, we will formulate a plan to take care of the poor and needy. Thus, we will work together with faith-based and other charitable organizations.

The brigade program will be an expansive program that will seek to preserve the rights of the citizens by working with them and incorporating them into their government by active participation.

*It is important to note that no legislation needs to be passed to enable this program to be conducted.

OK. Back to me now. I am currently helping out Steve with his campaign and encourage others to do so. If you care about the Bill of Rights, property rights, gun rights, etc. it would be in your best interest to see to it that this guy gets elected.

We are currently handing out flyers to Carbon County residents about Steve's campaign. And there are other things in the works too but it is too much to go into here.

Mike.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by lewprinting View Post
    His name is Steven Armbruster. He is running for carbon county sheriff.

Here is his opening letter on his web site http://armbruster4sheriff.com/
    And there is a lot more info you should read on his website. This guy rules.

"Dear Citizens of Carbon County,

The most important aspect of the county sheriff’s authority is that he is elected by and for the people. He is not appointed, nor is he a bureaucrat. The sheriff is elected with the charge of protecting the civil liberties of the citizenry. He is answerable only to the citizens of his county.

As sheriff, I will erect barriers between the county authorities and the state and federal governments. In performing this function, I will enforce structural constitutional protections that safeguard liberty. A double security will be established by separating these powers, thus keeping government in check.

With respect to government officials who ignore the will of the people or refuse to abide by the mandates of the Constitution, we cannot expect to see these officials - many of whom hold high positions - miraculously realize the error of their ways. We must elect a county sheriff with the courage and dedication to defend our way of life and our natural (self-evident) God-given freedoms.

If given the opportunity by the voters of Carbon County, I will do just that.

In Defense of Liberty,

Steven Armbruster"

Also check out his "Sheriff's Posse Program"
    sheriff Nothstein not running for re-election?