Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default CeasfirePA at Westmoreland Co. Commissioners Meeting

You Read that Right! a member of CeasefirePA was at the Westmoreland County Commisioners meeting today to protest the Amended ordinance on carry of firearms on County property.

i wish i would have had my audio recorder. it was great to conteract the antis clames today at the meeting. and on top of that the one commissioner made a comment that if someone was harming him or his kid that he wanted me to be there to shoot that person.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CeasfirePA at Westmoreland Co. Commissioners Meeting

Damn, I would have liked to hear that.

But wait!...I thought CeaseFirePA's only goals are ending illegal handgun trafficking and eliminating the gun show loophole. What does a park ordinance have to do with that?......oh right.

(Allegheny County)

yeah, ceasefire shows up at many local council/commissioner meetings when gun control issues are on the agenda.

there were a bunch of them at the various city council meetings regarding pittsburgh's lost/stolen ordinance.

they don't particularly care about rational logic or intellectually honest statistical evaluations from what i have seen.
    F*S=k

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    they don't particularly care about rational logic or intellectually honest statistical evaluations from what i have seen.
    Or, evidently federal and state law.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    You Read that Right! a member of CeasefirePA was at the Westmoreland County Commisioners meeting today to protest the Amended ordinance on carry of firearms on County property.

i wish i would have had my audio recorder. it was great to conteract the antis clames today at the meeting. and on top of that the one commissioner made a comment that if someone was harming him or his kid that he wanted me to be there to shoot that person.

It must be nice getting hired by CeaseFirePA, you get to hired to work against the Constitution, you get hired to lobby against the Rule Of Law, you get hired to go attend council meetings and try to run this jive past them for a agenda of the big money foundations that pull their strings.

Then CeaseFirePA hires you to go around claiming to be about doing this all for the noble reason of Public Safety.....

Anyone ever hear someone hired by CeaseFirePA ever point out all the cases of straw purchases only getting a slap on the wrist, No" its always we need a another gun control law is the same song they sing off key. They can’t even show example of how Lost or Stolen could "help". The hired CeaseFirePA operatives always frames everything that it could “Help”........ If the perps would do full time for their past crimes, we would have to rely of the hope of "help" they only offer if we pass another law.

Anyone passionate like renegadephoenix & Others demonstrates they can take apart the same, lame arguments from these hire mercenaries from CeaseFirePA with ease, all you got to do is be there to counter their BS.

WHY DOES ANYONE STILL EVEN LISTEN TO CeaseFirePA?

If just "magic" words on a piece of paper really prevented crime, we would live in a crime free country with all the gun control laws that fail everyday to prevent crime.

Nice Job BTW renegadephoenix
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Clinton County)

Looks like you got them riled. I feel so fortunate that our laws are with us in this state for the most part. I can't imagine the hell of living in a state without such a strong state constitution for gun rights.

Chris, you are indeed the man.

(Allegheny County)

Link to the Trib Live Article for today:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_677752.html

Westmoreland County Commissioners voted yesterday to change an ordinance to allow guns in all county parks.

Commissioners Tom Balya and Tom Ceraso, both Democrats, said they had no choice but to amend the county's 1974 parks ordinance so it concurs with state law that allows firearms in public places, including parks.

"We would be foolish to try to keep an ordinance on the books that would not pass muster in court," Balya said yesterday after a handful of county residents both for and against the proposed ordinance change addressed the commissioners.

Republican Commissioner Charles Anderson did not attend yesterday's meeting and did not cast a vote.

The change approved removes wording from the original ordinance, which was amended in 1995, that banned firearms from specific areas of county parks. The revised law now carries no prohibitions of guns, but bans the discharge of firearms outside of designated hunting areas.

The county allows hunting in six parks: Mammoth, Twin Lakes, Cedar Creek, Northmoreland, Bridgeport Dam and Chestnut Ridge.

Gun opponents asked commissioners to table the proposal.

Marian Elizabeth Mientus of Norvelt told commissioners she will no longer take her goddaughter to the park because of the revised gun ordinance.

"I don't want anyone to fear for their children's safety in the recreation areas of the county parks. Why do we need more guns in our parks where we take our children to play? What is more important than our children's safety?" Mientus said.

Ann Moser of Ligonier told commissioners that allowing guns in the parks would encourage more dangerous activity and that she, too, feared for her children's safety as a result of the change.

"This ordinance is about white, angry men who enjoy looking menacing," Moser said.

Proponents of the ordinance change said it was needed to bring Westmoreland County into compliance with state law. For decades, the Westmoreland County park police have virtually ignored the prohibition on guns in the parks and issued no citations to anyone with a firearm.

Chris Smith of Penn Township lobbied commissioners to pass the change. Smith is holding a rally in favor of the Second Amendment this weekend at Twin Lakes Park and said he began researching the gun issue to ensure those attending could legally take their firearms into the park during the event.

"This gun rights issue was never a rally about gun rights. It was about the county adhering to state law," Smith said.

Commissioners said the revised ordinance will have little or no effect on park visitors.

"We could not have enforced an ordinance that was unlawful in our commonwealth," Ceraso said.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"This ordinance is about white, angry men who enjoy looking menacing,"

I AM NOW THOROUGHLY ENTERTAINED FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course the Race card is played, she must have been watching that ACORN video of the nut job that runs the organization. As an White Angry Menacing Man (actually half ogre) I find that comment to be racist, sexist, anti American, anti Constitution and utterly idiotic. What is the percentage of crimes committed by WAMM in the total population? Nuff said
    Last edited by bigandy1966; April 23rd, 2010 at 08:24 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Of course the Race card is played. As an White Angry Menacing Man (actually half ogre) I find that comment to be racist, sexist, anti American, anti Constitution and utterly idiotic. What is the percentage of crimes committed by WAMM in the total population? Nuff said
    if your find that comment offensive, you should have been there when she asked me if it was alright for a black man to carry a gun.

i told her as long as they are allowed to own the firearm that they are good to go in my book, more power to them, and in fact i have friends of all races that carry firearms everyday.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast