Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default automatic confiscation, $1500 required to reclaim your firearms!!!

just got word from the club meeting that some police departments will pull you over, confiscate your firearms at gun point and they require you to pay $1500 to reclaim your arms. there were no specific departments noted but quite a few warnings from the Allegheny sportsman's league were made.

well, what are we supposed to do now?
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Clinton County)

Default Re: automatic confiscation, $1500 required to reclaim your firearms!!!

where can I go and have this happen to me? I could use a few hundred grand in my bank account.

And I'm thinking of moving to PA ?? If what you say is true maybe I will just stay out west

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    just got word from the club meeting that some police departments will pull you over, confiscate your firearms at gun point and they require you to pay $1500 to reclaim your arms. there were no specific departments noted but quite a few warnings from the Allegheny sportsman's league were made.

well, what are we supposed to do now?
    Honestly its unlikely. Unless laws have changed in Pennsylvania there is no law for owning firearms. One possibility is the fact that maybe they were transporting the firearms to the range incorrectly lacking a LTCF and didn't have the firearm locked in a trunk out of reach of the driver. That would be the only LEGAL reason a LEO would have to confiscate a firearm of any sort.

what "club" did you hear this from? sounds like some serious bullshit being spread around. How will they know you have a gun in the car, why haven't we heard of this happening on here?

(Allegheny County)

it was mentioned at the forest grove sportsmans club.

they say that the officers ask you if you have a firearm on your person or in your vehicle and regardless of your answr they remove the driver/passengers and search thats all they said nothing more mentioned
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siguser View Post
    And I'm thinking of moving to PA ?? If what you say is true maybe I will just stay out west
    Not to deter you - as we can always use more pro-gunners in PA given our loss of personal property rights when it comes to privately selling a handgun - but unless your upside down on a mortgage, it don't make sense to move here.

I know 5 folks that moved out there, and 2 more that want to. If I thought I could get a job out there that wasn't related to anything Vegas, I'd maybe consider moving myself.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

There are some undigested kernels of truth in that steaming flop of assertion.

Some police will ask about guns during routine traffic stops, and confiscate it "for officer safety", or seize your gun if you OC; sometimes they give it back, sometimes they don't. If they don't, there are police departments and DA's who firmly believe that you only have evil guns with their permission, so they keep them (in violation of the UFA) and make you hire a lawyer and petition the Common Pleas Court for the return of your property.

Hiring a lawyer could easily cost $1,500. Or more.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siguser View Post
    it is most certainly not true.

PA is a very good state for gun owners.

also, southwestern PA, anyway, is a good place to move now. pittsburgh gained population for the first time in decades last year. we were hit much less hard by the whole economic crisis than most places. there are actually jobs to be had, too...at least in some fields.
    F*S=k

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, I enjoy taking my guns out to the wide-open desert ranges with the mountain backdrops, just a quick 30mins outside of Pittsburgh.

Shoot and drive for miles without seeing a soul.

Or maybe not.

Pittsburgh employers are great too, super pay, they invest a ton in their own infrastructure, and really spend on keeping their employees trained and educated in the latest and greatest. Especially when business is slow - why not keep the folks busy learning and preparing for the next big thing.

Or maybe not.

Wait - we do have great unemployment bennies here in PA. Come join us.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast