Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anyone Interested in Timed Drills?

Most of these target competitions focus on strictly accuracy. How many of you have shot timers and would be interested in some timed drills? We could do Bill Drills, the FAST drill whatever other good ones we can think of and see who's the quickest and can still stay on target. I just picked up a shot timer a few weeks ago and it's a blast.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anyone Interested in Timed Drills?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Most of these target competitions focus on strictly accuracy. How many of you have shot timers and would be interested in some timed drills? We could do Bill Drills, the FAST drill whatever other good ones we can think of and see who's the quickest and can still stay on target. I just picked up a shot timer a few weeks ago and it's a blast.
    I've thought of it but wasn't sure how to do it feasibly. Not a lot of people participate in these online competitions. Of those who do, I'm sure most don't have timmers (I don't). Heck we have to shoot paper plates to get people involved.

I've seen timer apps for ipods. Not sure how well they work. I've been wanting to borrow my sons ipod to try it out.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tauru...338091445?mt=8

The other thing is keeping people honest. We have to be honest about the distance, now we have to be honest about times. How do you know someone doesn't count in their head rather than use a timer?

I'm definately interested though. Sounds like a great way to improve realistic shooting skills.
    The right to bear arms isn't for hunting bear. Subliminal Messages

Default Re: Anyone Interested in Timed Drills?

Quote Originally Posted by tlgpa View Post
    I've thought of it but wasn't sure how to do it feasibly. Not a lot of people participate in these online competitions. Of those who do, I'm sure most don't have timmers (I don't). Heck we have to shoot paper plates to get people involved.

I've seen timer apps for ipods. Not sure how well they work. I've been wanting to borrow my sons ipod to try it out.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tauru...338091445?mt=8

The other thing is keeping people honest. We have to be honest about the distance, now we have to be honest about times. How do you know someone doesn't count in their head rather than use a timer?

I'm definately interested though. Sounds like a great way to improve realistic shooting skills.

I figured I would throw it out there and see who was interested. People could always cheat in any competition so I'm not worried about that too much. One cool thing to do would be to record each shot time so you could see time from draw to first shot and then see split times and also times to reload.

This is one of the best tools I have used to increase my speed. Before I never had anything to base how fast I actually was or if I was getting better. The shot timer gives you a value and you can actually see improvement. They are a bit pricey. I just picked mine up on sale at Midway for $109. It's big and bulky but it works great.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.