Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default carrying through an airport

So I'm presently sitting in an airport. I have my Glock 23 in one bag and 50 rounds of Federal Hydra-shock in my other bag.

When I got here, the places didn't open till 6am or so. Now they are open any way. I'm happy cause I'm sitting here waiting to get on a flight while I have "sensitive items" with me. (thank god I present my military ID and my bags are free ) lol

The officer I talked to just laughed when I told him what I said and helped me with it all. He even watched my belongings while I went out for a cig !!!

I love nice people. It gives me hope for the human race today

Any one have a similar experience? Chime in if you want
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: carrying through an airport

I have transported firearms many times by air. I never told a police officer nor did I transfer my property to someone else before checking it. (That is a really bad idea, I understand how powerful the urge to smoke is but that is a very very bad idea) No police officer is needed. Most airlines require a lockable hard case, that the weapon is unloaded and that you sign a card that you place with the weapon stating that it is unloaded.

The most fun I had was when the TSA guys were new. I was transporting an evil black rifle and three TSA guys wanted to check if it was unloaded. Usually you just say it is and everything is fine. Well these Mensa candidates could not figure out how to work the action (HK 91 type) and proceeded to sweep about 100 people quite a number of times before checking if it was unloaded. Adult supervision eventually intervened and the fine rifle was put back into the nice, safe hard case it arrived at the airport in.

If you are ever unsure about what the rules are just go to the website of the airline you plan to fly and do some reading. Asking cops is not a helpful way as they rarely know anything about airline policy. Often times a print out of the airline policy will help "correct" an employee of the airline who is misinformed. After firearms are checked proceed to the bar for 10 dollar beer fun and have a great flight.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

The OP said he was in the military...maybe the officer he was speaking of was a military officer and not a police officer?

(Luzerne County)

I don't understand your post.

You say your in the military and you are going to board the plane with a gun and ammo in your carry on bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post

You say your in the military and you are going to board the plane with a gun and ammo in your carry on bag?
    My take on it was that he arrived before he was able to check in his bags (too early) and when he posted, he still had his bags, with gun and ammo in them, that he was getting ready to check.

I think you're jumping to the conclusion that the firearm is related to his status as someone holding military ID.

(Luzerne County)

He said he was "waiting to get on a flight", which to me..........sounds like any bags were checked and he plans on boarding the plane with his "sensitive items" in his carry-on.

Of course, I could be misreading his posting.

thats the way i took it too