Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Prepin' for vacation..CC'ing

OK so I am planning on a 2 week vacation. The family and I are heading to Tennesee, and Georgia .

I see that Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia all list Pennsylvania as a reciprocity
    state.

So I see it as I can CC' in those states as long as I have my LTCF with me.

Now on this trip, I have to pass through Maryland..... They list NO reciprocity with ANY STATE. So I know I cant CC while in Maryland.

I figure I will stop before entering the state of Maryland. Disarm, unload, and lockup my sidearm. I will stow the ammo in another location of the car locked up as well.

Traveling in the VW Passat wagon, so no real trunk to lock things in.

I might get one of the small pistol lock boxes with the cable to attach it to car. And lock the ammo in the glovebox (really its the only place inside the car with a lock) to keep it away from the handgun.

All this to just pass through about 15 miles of maryland...

Any other suggestions or ideas?

See my luck would be SOMETHING will happen in Maryland. Something that will require the state troopers. And only because I will have a handgun with me. Any other time, murphys law would stay away. But in this ONE case, murphy will most likley rear his ugly head..

Driving around Maryland would be best, but not worth the loss of time.

Snert...

Default Re: Prepin' for vacation..CC'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    See my luck would be SOMETHING will happen in Maryland. Something that will require the state troopers. And only because I will have a handgun with me. Any other time, murphys law would stay away. But in this ONE case, murphy will most likley rear his ugly head..
    I hope you aren't even thinking about not following MD law. Don't even consider it. Even if the odds are nothing will happen. It's stupid, inconvenient, illogical, and serves no real purpose, yeah, but you gotta do it.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy610 View Post
    I hope you aren't even thinking about not following MD law. Don't even consider it. Even if the odds are nothing will happen. It's stupid, inconvenient, illogical, and serves no real purpose, yeah, but you gotta do it.
    WHOA, slow down there sparky

Im not looking to break ANY laws. Read the post again please!

look at this part...PLEASE

I figure I will stop before entering the state of Maryland. Disarm, unload, and lockup my sidearm. I will stow the ammo in another location of the car locked up as well.

Traveling in the VW Passat wagon, so no real trunk to lock things in.

I might get one of the small pistol lock boxes with the cable to attach it to car. And lock the ammo in the glovebox (really its the only place inside the car with a lock) to keep it away from the handgun.

I am trying To try and comply with any laws. The intent here is to pass through Maryland, lawfully. Without any issues/problems in the 15 miles of Maryland.

Now on this part of my post YOU quoted.
    My luck would be as follows:

Just because I have a firearm IN THE CAR LOCKED UP. There would be some bad luck/murphys law. Something stupid like grandma not looking before changing lanes (accident report). or car breaking down on the interstate.

I have NO INTENTIONS of stopping in Maryland, just have to pass through to get to my destination. I will fill the tank before crossing into the state, and will drive right through. Any other time I have made this trip, NOTHING has happened. But then again I have never had a firearm with me on the other trips.

Snert...

I'd go and take a look at the concealed carry laws in the states you're considering visiting (handgunlaw.us is a good source). When it comes to carry laws, most of the south isn't quite as friendly as you'd think, and you'll find far more restrictions than here. There may be reciprocity (not SC by the way) but you have to follow their rules. Many of them do not permit carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, for example. Some do not permit carry in any place that charges admission. Both likely destinations for a visitor. Some do not permit open carry, and you can be charged with brandishing if your jacket blows open in the wind. Not nearly as simple as it should be.

(Venango County)

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Thank you for the link. here is what It came up with.

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packn...nessee,georgia,

DonM, I will also check out the things you have pointed out.

Snert.

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    WHOA, slow down there sparky

Im not looking to break ANY laws. Read the post again please!
    Yeah, I read the whole post. It sounded like you were starting to weigh whether you could get away with it or not, toward the end there. Cool. Be safe.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

Just thinking... many folks mention on this OPEN FORUM that they are going on vacation and for how long they will be gone.

This might not be a good idea as someone could possibly track you down and burglarize your home while you're away.

Bits and pieces from different posts that have been made might narrow down your location.

No reflection on the OP here...just sayin'...something to think about

Be safe!

(Allegheny County)

thanks for posting that website JMarshall.

Andy
    Andrew Jackson USN (1992-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Great link to a great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Just thinking... many folks mention on this OPEN FORUM that they are going on vacation and for how long they will be gone.

This might not be a good idea as someone could possibly track you down and burglarize your home while you're away.

Bits and pieces from different posts that have been made might narrow down your location.
    Off topic to OP's post but definitely + 1 on that.

A guy on a bike forum I frequent posted a lot of photos of all of his nice expensive toys, someone told him he should be careful what he posts, his response was basically an open challenge to find him. Well, no more than 2hr's later he was located, his last years earnings, home address, home appraisal, details about his wife, their work etc were all tracked down starting with forum names, Google and then leads to publicly held records.
    Scary shit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast