Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Springfield XDm cycling issues

Hi guys, I'm sorta new to the board and i don't post to much. I've been having an issue with my XDm. Every now and again it locks back like the mag is empty after the first round. I know for sure I'm not hitting the slide lock. After i release the slide, it doesn't have any issues cycling. I've already sent it back to Springfield for a warranty repair and it's still doing the same thing. Any suggestions as to whats going on?

(York County)

Default Re: Springfield XDm cycling issues

What did they find was wrong with it ? Did you try different ammo and or magazines?

(Allegheny County)

I've tried federal, blazer brass and Winchester ammunition. I've also tried all three magazines i have for it. According to the invoice i got back with the gun Springfield replaced the slide stop lever and the slide stop lever spring. So far instead of it randomly locking back it's only locking back after the first round. It only seems to do it intermittently now. This is getting frustrating really fast.

May I ask what grip you're shooting with and what stance? What caliber is the pistol as well? How experienced are you at pistol shooting? Could be mechanical, but I also have some other ideas.

(Montgomery County)

Did you let anyone else shoot the gun to see if they experienced the same issue?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Did you let anyone else shoot the gun to see if they experienced the same issue?
    That is the first thing I would do.
    It locking back seems to be a very odd issue.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    May I ask what grip you're shooting with and what stance? What caliber is the pistol as well? How experienced are you at pistol shooting? Could be mechanical, but I also have some other ideas.
    I would say irerelevant because you can't choose these things in a gunfight. Sounds like limp wristing. Might be ammo or mags.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    I would say irerelevant because you can't choose these things in a gunfight. Sounds like limp wristing. Might be ammo or mags.
    When did this conversation turn into having anything to do with a "gunfight"? I was trying to figure out if the shooter may be limp wristing, or if it's a mechanical issue, both are possible. So maybe I missed something really big, but when did this turn into a "gunfight" thread? So I don't know why you said anything that you did or quoted me, because you basically came to the conclusion that many who commented in this thread already had; it could be ammo, magazines, or the shooter. I was trying to figure out which it was.

(Allegheny County)

This problem just started happening about 2 months ago(had the gun for over a year now), haven't changed my stance or grip at all(pretty sure im using the weaver stance). It's happened to other shooters as well. The gun is chambered in .40 S&W. I've been shooting for a while and I've never experienced this problem before. If i was limp wristing it, wouldn't it fail to cycle every time? It's not happening on every round, or randomly throughout the magazine, its only on the first round.
    Last edited by forealfreal2001; April 19th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by forealfreal2001 View Post
    This problem just started happening about 2 months ago, haven't changed my stance or grip at all. It's happened to other shooters as well. The gun is chambered in .40 S&W. I've been shooting for a while and I've never experienced this problem before. If i was limp wristing it, wouldn't it fail to cycle every time?
    It's happened to other shooters, with their own XDm's, or, you have let other people shoot YOUR gun and it acts up for them as well? Are they all inexperienced shooters? It's possible we have a mass limp wristing epidemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast