Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Judge Tosses Alleged Open Carry Violation in CT

This is the fellow that was arrested for "disturbing the peace" while simply picking up a take out order at a restaurant. He was OCing.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...9.story?page=1
    Last edited by pa350z; April 18th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.

(Venango County)

Default Re: Judge Tosses Alleged Open Carry Violation in CT

"There is no law that expressly prohibits the open carrying of a firearm by somebody who has a permit to carry it, in and of itself," said Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane. "But there are statutes that could very well be violated, depending on the evidence and the circumstances. And that could lead to arrest, confiscation and forfeiture of firearms that are displayed in violation of those statutes."
    Ummm Huh?????

Basically...it's Legal, but I am warning you not to do it?

very strange

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

CT is a tough place for the 2nd Amendment. It is a "may issue" state. I recently received my non-resident pistol permit (as they call it) due to the fact that I will be doing business in CT for the next 6 years. They have no reciprocity with anyone and each town can do what they want. There is a move in CT to make it easier, but... looks like that will not happen any time soon.

(York County)

So, in other words, CT is a state that is not worth bothering with? I deliver motorcycles in CT sometimes, and I have yet to find anything positive to say about the state or the people there. It's going to take a lot of work to get the 2nd amendment to stick there.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    So, in other words, CT is a state that is not worth bothering with? I deliver motorcycles in CT sometimes, and I have yet to find anything positive to say about the state or the people there. It's going to take a lot of work to get the 2nd amendment to stick there.
    I used to live in CT. Yes, I think this is pretty accurate.

(Monroe County)

Connecticut like Britain, Canada and Australia is a lost cause , forget about it , not worth fighting over.
    Connecticut is owned a run by "old money" and the corruption that goes with it. It is the seat of the Skull&Bones eastern eastablishment new world order groups and they like things just the way they are.

CT is better than NY...I may be going there for a few years and have a permit application in hand....seems reasonable so far...next to NY...
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Connecticut like Britain, Canada and Australia is a lost cause , forget about it , not worth fighting over.
    Connecticut is owned a run by "old money" and the corruption that goes with it. It is the seat of the Skull&Bones eastern eastablishment new world order groups and they like things just the way they are.
    CT isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I have family up there, and have never had any problems carrying. Moreover, the application process is pretty streamlined for nonresidents. Mine was pretty quick, around 60 days I believe. I am training a student currently on NRA Basic Pistol, so he fills the training requirement. Once he receives his Utah nonresident permit in the mail, we make a copy of that, the NRA training certificate, fill out the prerequisite money orders, and application, send it in, and he should be good to go. It's definitely not as quick as the LTCF process, but it's about on par for most New England states in terms of the turnaround.
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor-2009,classes available.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseytactical View Post
    CT isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I have family up there, and have never had any problems carrying. Moreover, the application process is pretty streamlined for nonresidents. Mine was pretty quick, around 60 days I believe. I am training a student currently on NRA Basic Pistol, so he fills the training requirement. Once he receives his Utah nonresident permit in the mail, we make a copy of that, the NRA training certificate, fill out the prerequisite money orders, and application, send it in, and he should be good to go. It's definitely not as quick as the LTCF process, but it's about on par for most New England states in terms of the turnaround.

Yes...I got my CT non-res in 40 days. Definitely easier for a non-res than it is for a resident. Resident has to goto local PD to get a Temp local license and then go to State PD to get the perm state license.