Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default carrying a gun or other crimes...

"Ronald George, project manager of the city's violence-prevention initiative, passed out cards with phone numbers to call to report someone carrying a gun or other crimes."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...oll_rises.html

It seems that there's a complete disconnect between two cultures here. Maybe it's geographical, that I assume if someone's carrying a gun then they are legally permitted to do so, but in the areas where people are actually dying in large numbers, the assumption seems to be that if you are carrying a gun, you are <i>not</i> legally permitted to.

So, if you notice someone on a bus has a gun in their waistband, do you call the police?

(Centre County)

Default Re: carrying a gun or other crimes...

Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    "Ronald George, project manager of the city's violence-prevention initiative, passed out cards with phone numbers to call to report someone carrying a gun or other crimes."

...I assume if someone's carrying a gun then they are legally permitted to do so...

So, if you notice someone on a bus has a gun in their waistband, do you call the police?

Carrying a gun isn't a crime if the law is complied with. In Philadelphia, a city of the first class, you need a LTCF to carry any gun open or concealed, with certain narrow exceptions.

Uniform Firearms Act. see section 6108. The exceptions are listed in sec. 6106b. see this post.

In the real world? Well, I just don't live in the big city, so I'm not sure. By itself, the gun isn't a threat, but the person carrying might be threatening.

The anti-gun sheeple want you to think carrying a gun is criminal, and they'd like to make that the law, too.
    Last edited by novice; September 21st, 2007 at 09:24 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: carrying a gun or other crimes...

Welcome to Philadelphia.....now bend over

Again the politicians here are blaming everyone and everything but themselves for this.

Not working with ICE to get criminal aliens off the streets

Making the LTCF process more longer and burdensome than the state statutes

DA office making more plea bargain aggrements and dropping gun charges which carry mandatory sentences.

Not properly staffing probation and parole unit

Judges who do NOT want to sentence offenders to long terms in jail

City who refuses to add more prison space even though they are STILL under Federal court order since 1988

The government taking the place of the mother and father in the home

Dysfunctional public school system and its adminstration. NO Johnny doenst need to know how to stop global warming, Johnny needs to learn how to read and write and count.

Good old Yellow Journalism making the weapon the bad guy and NOT the bad guy.

Every time a new drug or drug gang sets up shop here the murder rate goes up.
    In the 70's heroin, in the 80's and 90's crack and now the mexican gangs with weed and speed......

Im only gonna be in Philly for a few more months and then its back to the outskirts of Reading. Or Arizona....lol