Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: JACKASS REPORT TOBYHANNA RANGE

My manner was arriving,asking if I could put up targets upon doing so and walking back to shooters bench observed this Jackass old man with a goatee and red truck running from the rifle side of range and ranting about rules and regs,Like I said we just dont know what can set off anyone or what kind of day they had before arriving at the range but clearly not being in a calm demeanor and confronting two strangers to him in a secleuded area precipitated leaving was in everyones best interest !

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT FIRST & FOREMOST View Post
    My manner was arriving,asking if I could put up targets upon doing so and walking back to shooters bench observed this Jackass old man with a goatee and red truck running from the rifle side of range and ranting about rules and regs,Like I said we just dont know what can set off anyone or what kind of day they had before arriving at the range but clearly not being in a calm demeanor and confronting two strangers to him in a secleuded area precipitated leaving was in everyones best interest !
    Lemme guess... you were carrying a gun :P

my bet is dipshit with the goatie decided to attempt to enforce the "6 rounds / handgun" rule that is in place or he was flipping about you taking your gun with you to the target... either way he sounds like a dip shit.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Interesting point But since his rantings were not understandable,and I was carrying my wifes five shot snubbie on my ankle and concealed,I just dont know,I took me all winter to get the wife to this new range and finally agree to shoot her snubbie for the feel of it,now she does not want to even go back there and I have to agree with her,I am looking for a somewhat close range with membership where all members know about each others safe habits.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT FIRST & FOREMOST View Post
    Interesting point But since his rantings were not understandable,and I was carrying my wifes five shot snubbie on my ankle and concealed,I just dont know,I took me all winter to get the wife to this new range and finally agree to shoot her snubbie for the feel of it,now she does not want to even go back there and I have to agree with her,I am looking for a somewhat close range with membership where all members know about each others safe habits.
    A bunch of us are heading down there this afternoon if it warms up, bring the wife down.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

I will try to get there myself later today and introduce myself,although A few of you gentlemen know me and my background and also calm demeanor,But the wife is disgusted by this old man with a goatee behavior in a presumably safe enviroment .

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Yeah, but you need to know someone to get sponsored.
    -

I believe that is no longer the case as we now requiring new members to take the NRA safety course during their first six months of membership if they do not already have a current certification. I will check with Art, the club president, to make sure I am correct and to see if there membership spots open. BTW, if anyone wants to check out the club or meet the members, the easy way is to attend one of the open shoots such as the Trap shoot on the first Sunday of the month, or the IDPA match on the second Sunday (except for next month as it falls on Mother's Day) or the club meeting which is the last Friday of the month. There are some BRCV members who drive red trucks and some have goatees but AFAIK, none that have both.

(Monroe County)

Correction: The course is the NRA Basic Pistol.
    There are spots open.
    Sponsor not required.
    HTH
    Kevin

edited to add website:
    www.brcv-gun.org
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; April 20th, 2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: edited to add website:

(Monroe County)

2 of the 10 yard pistol bays have been destroyed. The top of the target stands have been shot clear in half by what we determined was shotgun pellets.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Wayne County)

So much for only using slugs! Most likely done by border crossers, next week they'll probably do it again ! I hope the repair time is quicker than it used to be at the old range.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    2 of the 10 yard pistol bays have been destroyed. The top of the target stands have been shot clear in half by what we determined was shotgun pellets.
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. They moved this range to the current location "to keep a better eye on it".....because it was too hard for the WCO's to drive down a dirt road. Wonder what their excuse is now?

I have said it before, I forsee this range being shut down eventually.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast