Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Got another Ruger

I just bought a NIB 11 year old gun. NO typo,it's 11 yeasr old and NIB.

A Ruger MKII 50th Anniversary Edition.

It's still sealed in the plastic bag with nox/rust vapor wrapper.

$275 out the door. [i know,thats probably what the went for in 1999]

Im stoked,if this shoots anything like my MKIII 22/45 im going to be a very happy camper.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Got another Ruger

Nice find.
    I have one in my safe. Still unfired. I have several other mkII's to shoot.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Got another Ruger

they got any more?......gun show?

(Monroe County)

Very nice find, and I am the type of guy to shoot any gun I have but I may be tempted to keep that one sealed as a collectors item and keep shooting my MKIII.

(Centre County)

Nice find.

I'm in contue search for MKII SS with skinny barrel. But no avail.
    One of these days, I'll find it, and get them.
    I had MKII Bull barrel last year, which was one hell of sweet shooter, but stupidly, I traded for MKIII Hunter, which I hated it(Too heavy for my niece who I bought it for).
    Just last week, I picked up MkIII SS 6" skinny barrel(Sports south distributer special - You can't get Skinny barrel in SS with MKIII otherwise), which so far, I'm loving it(so is my niece). Loving it so much that I think I'm gonna keep this one for myself, and get same in 4" skinny barrel for my niece...

Only thing I don't care for is the difficulty of dissasembly/reassembry with MKIII, and LCI. I do like mag release in conventional spot of MKIII

In any case, with that being said,

I have to be honest - Ruger MK seriese pistol is one hell of pistol for what they are going(bought my SS Skinny for $330) for. I find it hard to understand why would people consider P22, and Mosquito(specialy all the story about them being Jam-o-matic)
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Nice find.

I have to be honest - Ruger MK seriese pistol is one hell of pistol for what they are going(bought my SS Skinny for $330) for. I find it hard to understand why would people consider P22, and Mosquito(specialy all the story about them being Jam-o-matic)

+ Fivehundredmillionthousand.

I couldn't agree more. I seriously looked at P22s and Mosquitos. I really didn't hear much good about them at all, but they just look so damn cool. Totally the reason I wanted one. I bought a MKIII 5.5 inch bull barrel and could not be happier. A buddy of mine bought a P22 a few weeks ago. We went to the range and ran through like 700 rounds. We shot Remington Thunderbolts, Winchester Super X, and CCI Minimags. With anything but the Minimags he had multiple jams every mag. Even with the CCI ammo he still had a jam every other mag or so. My MKIII eats EVERYTHING I feed it and it's a friggin tack driver right out of the box. I have never had any issues with it. If you're looking for a .22 pistol, that's the one to go with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rwb1500; April 15th, 2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Spelink
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

Dont forget the Rugers had like a 50 year headstart on the P22, i have both and love them , the P22 will never be a Ruger of any mark, and the Ruger will never be as light and handy as a P22.

Mike

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Dont forget the Rugers had like a 50 year headstart on the P22, i have both and love them , the P22 will never be a Ruger of any mark, and the Ruger will never be as light and handy as a P22.

Mike

You do make a valid point. I'd be much more inclined to buy a P22 if the slide wasn't pot metal. Hey, maybe in a few years.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    + Fivehundredmillionthousand.

I couldn't agree more. I seriously looked at P22s and Mosquitos. I really didn't hear much good about them at all, but they just look so damn cool. Totally the reason I wanted one. I bought a MKIII 5.5 inch bull barrel and could not be happier. A buddy of mine bought a P22 a few weeks ago. We went to the range and ran through like 700 rounds. We shot Remington Thunderbolts, Winchester Super X, and CCI Minimags. With anything but the Minimags he had multiple jams every mag. Even with the CCI ammo he still had a jam every other mag or so. My MKIII eats EVERYTHING I feed it and it's a friggin tack driver right out of the box. I have never had any issues with it. If you're looking for a .22 pistol, that's the one to go with.
    I have an unfired 50th as well. rwb, I know we had a grip discussion. What do you have on there?
    Jules

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    You do make a valid point. I'd be much more inclined to buy a P22 if the slide wasn't pot metal. Hey, maybe in a few years.
    Pot metal slide is least of the probrem.
    It's the general crudeness of of the weapon I don't care for.
    Stamped trigger bar had sharp edges that ate away under side of slide, safet lever was loose, front sight kept coming off, slide kept putting nasty gash on under side of barrel, and persistant FTE and FTRB....

My wife liked it alot - when it did work. But after a while, it started to have a probrem, she got rid of it, to get a mosqueto(which is whole another story on it's own).

In my opinion, P22 made me think that walther rushed it in. To market before it was "complete"
    I feel the same about PK380 as well..
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast