Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Talking New Parts and Pieces for My Ruger MKIII/How to Spend Money in Harrisburg

So I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket and the day off... It's been raining all day so I couldn't go to the range. I decided I'd head over to Gander Mt and Bass Pro Shop and see what was on sale. I also stopped at Dicks on the East Shore and found a cheap little TruGlo red dot that I got for $15 bucks because it had been opened. (I can't tell you how many times I've seen stuff at Dicks that's been opened... I got a $70 set of darts for 20 bucks once... Awesome.)

Gander Mt was pissing me off because they wanted $32.99 a box for Remington UMC .32 auto. (I usually buy it at Wally World for $19.99.) They were also really high on rimfire ammo. I did get a good deal on a .22 cal Boresnake though.

I went to Bass Pro Shop then, no .32 there either. Oh well. I found a Hogue Monogrip for my MKIII and picked that up too. I'm so glad I did. It took a little doing to get it on, but I love it. It has the thumbrest on the left side. It was actually the MKII model, and an employee told me they had MKIIIs but we couldn't find them. I Googled the grip on my phone and found the MKII grip fits the MKIII with a razor blade and 5 seconds of work. It actually says so inside the Hogue packaging, but not outside. Stupid... You're welcome for the heads up Bass Pro... I grabbed some Thunderbolts and some CCI MiniMags and a bunch of targets and got out of there. Now I'm stuck at home praying for the rain to stop for an hour so I can go to the range...

I'm not too impressed with the red dot. Well, it did cost 15 bucks... I've been looking for a little optic of some sort for plinking with the MKIII and a deal presented itself and I jumped on it. We'll see how it goes. I'm not expecting anything great, so maybe I'll be suprised. Here's a pic of the new setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rwb1500; April 13th, 2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Derrr, forgot to attach pic
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: New Parts and Pieces for My Ruger MKIII/How to Spend Money in Harrisburg

Took the new setup to the range. I love the grips and would reccomend them highly. The TruGlo actually works really, really well for what I paid for it. I didn't mess with a rest or anything, didn't have the time. I just tried my best to sight it in while shooting offhand. It did suprisingly well. The lack of quality is obvious in the optic itself, but for what it's worth I like it. The first picture is from me sighting it in and finally getting it dialed at 25 yards. The second picture is a 10 round group on a 2 inch target at 25 yards. Pretty good as far as I'm concerned.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here