Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Want to get a 380 for pocket carry....

I'm interested in getting a small 380 that can be thrown in a pocket holster for pocket carry. I want to do this when I'm feeling too lazy to throw on my holster for my Taurus 38 or Kel Tec PF9. The PF9 is just a shade too big for me to pocket carry. Money is also a concern. Right now, obviously, my two main choices are Ruger LCP and Kel Tec P3At. Are there any other small 380's I'm not considering? I really like the price and look of the Bersa Thunder, but I know it's bigger. How much bigger? Does anyone know if its bigger than the PF9? Does anybody carry the Bersa Thunder? I hear the Hi-Point 380 is pretty tiny.....(<----joke)

(York County)

Default Re: Want to get a 380 for pocket carry....

How about a Taurus TCP? Someone wrote up a review of one here not too long ago.

Out of the 3 you mentioned I would go with the Ruger LCP.

(York County)

I recently bought a .380 pocket gun, I fingered the bersa thunder, LCP and TCP. Bersa is a compact, not a sub compact/pocket gun in my book, LCP was ok, but I liked the TCP more. TCP is Taurus' direct competition for the LCP. I found it felt better in my hand, slightly larger grip. It also had a better trigger feel, was 20$ less, but came with two magazines not one like LCP. I was also comparing matte or blued(can't remember which) in LCP to a stainless TCP, so the price difference was even better, lower with addtion of stainless slide.

Here are some pics:

Also the attached photo is my target for the first 13 shots ever put through the gun, blue circle holes only. Two 6 round mags with the +1 in the pipe. Shot at 10 yards off hand. Lets just say, the gun is more accurate than I am at that distance, with cci blazer none the less. When I gave it proper input it placed the shot dead on.

The rest of my shooting with it has been flawless not a single failure yet. I am happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jtsgsxr6; April 13th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

(Mercer County)

I would recommend the Seecamp .380, mine took up residence in my right front pocket as BUG for about 3.5 years. Recently it got evicted by my recent purchase of a 9mm Rohrbaugh for right front pocket back up duty.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    I'm interested in getting a small 380 that can be thrown in a pocket holster for pocket carry. I want to do this when I'm feeling too lazy to throw on my holster for my Taurus 38 or Kel Tec PF9. The PF9 is just a shade too big for me to pocket carry. Money is also a concern. Right now, obviously, my two main choices are Ruger LCP and Kel Tec P3At. Are there any other small 380's I'm not considering? I really like the price and look of the Bersa Thunder, but I know it's bigger. How much bigger? Does anyone know if its bigger than the PF9? Does anybody carry the Bersa Thunder? I hear the Hi-Point 380 is pretty tiny.....(<----joke)

I'm a huge KT advocate. My P32 and PF9 have both been absolutely flawless for me. The P32 is almost the same size as the P3AT. I couldn't be happier with mine. BUt, different strokes. Get your hands on as many as you can. There's always the Sig P238... Some folks don't think it's the greatest for pocket carry, but I think it's a cool little gun.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Thanks for all the info. I had no idea that Taurus made a 380, I'm liking the looks of it. It's going to be a tough decision. The Seecamp looks great, but not for 800 bucks.

(Philadelphia County)

I vote for the Ruger LCP

(Luzerne County)

The colt mustang is a good pocket gun. They are not made any more. You would need to find one used.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

The Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 comes out next month....interesting looking gun, might be worth waiting a few more days......

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourture View Post
    The Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 comes out next month....interesting looking gun, might be worth waiting a few more days......
    O yea. I forgot about that one.

I would want to wait to try that aswell if I was in the market for a pocket gun. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast