Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default Robber Grabs Toddler During Bank Heist in Allentown, PA

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3621185

The Associated Press ALLENTOWN, Pa. Sep 19, 2007 (AP)

A bank robber grabbed a toddler and held the boy at gunpoint while demanding thousands of dollars from a teller, authorities said. The startling scene was captured on surveillance video that shows the little boy staring up at the gun.

The 2-year-old boy and his father were leaving a PNC Bank when the robber grabbed the child, police said.

"As they were turning to leave, this guy is coming in and takes the boy and walks him into the bank and makes the father drop his keys and cell phone," South Whitehall Township police investigator Mike Harbove said.

The suspect, hidden behind a mask, gloves and hooded sweat shirt, also waved the gun at a teller, then fled on foot with several thousand dollars, Harbove said.

Police had no suspects but hoped the surveillance photo would lead to tips.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Robber Grabs Toddler During Bank Heist in Allentown, PA

You know how all banks have the double set of doors for the lobby? Would it be worth looking into installing a pepper spray system in there? Once armed when the door opens it floods the area with spray.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    You know how all banks have the double set of doors for the lobby? Would it be worth looking into installing a pepper spray system in there? Once armed when the door opens it floods the area with spray.
    But then the robber panics or gets pissed and tries to shoot out the glass or whatnot, injuring or killing innocent bystanders. Then the patrons would sue the bank into oblivion. Sad, but possible?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    But then the robber panics or gets pissed and tries to shoot out the glass or whatnot, injuring or killing innocent bystanders. Then the patrons would sue the bank into oblivion. Sad, but possible?
    True, but it should hopefully deter them for a second while the bank manager gets the shotgun and opens fire on him.. After all the bank should be held responsible for protecting the employees. Any place with a no gun policy should be held liable if something happens to an employee or patron.

(Chester County)

I can think of almost nothing that would cause me to use deadly force faster than messing with my son like that. I don't know any father who wouldn't be pushed beyond the bounds of rationality in a situation like that. Damn near guaranteed that homie-the-bank-robber would win a free ride in the meat wagon if he pulled that shit with my kid.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rule10b5 View Post
    I can think of almost nothing that would cause me to use deadly force faster than messing with my son like that. I don't know any father who wouldn't be pushed beyond the bounds of rationality in a situation like that. Damn near guaranteed that homie-the-bank-robber would win a free ride in the meat wagon if he pulled that shit with my kid.

very much in agreement

(Berks County)

Poor little boy, I wonder if he really knew what was going on? Thanks for the news link, NineseveN!

rand

(Philadelphia County)

when a friend of mine worked security for PNC an they wanted to move him from corporate HQ to a branch that had been robbed twice, the told him he didn't need a gun. He refused to be transferred without being armed, they told him nothing ever happens and it wasn't optional. he told them to go fuck themselves and quit.

Total +1 on that!
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

+1

Mommies too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast