Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Cabela's military discount

Just informing others who might not know, but on my way home yesterday I stopped at Cabela's for some reloading materials and when I was checking out I was told they no longer give the military discount. This started just a few days ago, I asked why but couldn't get any reason. I will still buy from Cabela's for certain items, but thought it was a shame and wanted others to know.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Cabela's military discount

Quote Originally Posted by jaw921 View Post
    Just informing others who might not know, but on my way home yesterday I stopped at Cabela's for some reloading materials and when I was checking out I was told they no longer give the military discount. This started just a few days ago, I asked why but couldn't get any reason. I will still buy from Cabela's for certain items, but thought it was a shame and wanted others to know.
    I appreciate the troops and their sacrifices. I don't know that they should get lower prices. I know in some PX's they can. Many people in civilian work have hazardous and important jobs. This is not a knock against our men and women in uniform.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaw921 View Post
    I found out the same thing sunday. Military discount (according the cashier) stopped on 8 April 2010. I haven't heard why they stopped it though.

I will spend a whole lot less money there now. With the discount their prices are close to local shops and they have just about everything in stock. Now I will just order it from local shops and wait for it to come in. I will still go in there and shop around...
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

I shop there a lot and always asked if they gave one and the cashiers always said no. This last time (march) the cashier saw my ID in my wallet and asked if I wanted a military discount. I asked if that was a new policy and he said that was always thei policy. What gives?!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    I shop there a lot and always asked if they gave one and the cashiers always said no. This last time (march) the cashier saw my ID in my wallet and asked if I wanted a military discount. I asked if that was a new policy and he said that was always thei policy. What gives?!
    Up until recently your conversation at the cashier had to go like this to get the discount:

Cashier: Will that be all, are you sure you have the right ammo?
    you: Yes and I would like the military discount
    Cashier: I am sorry we don't give a military discount
    you: No thanks, I will go to Gander Mountain or Bass Pro shops... they give a discount to service members
    Cashier: Oh, Ok... please sign this yellow card
    You: Thank you

It was a little silly, but it was worth it...I tried that on sunday and the cashier said, "sorry, you can leave the stuff here, I will have someone put it back on the shelf."
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Chester County)

sounds to me like there struggling with the economy to end a discount to service members.
    Lifes hard, its even harder when your stupid - John Wayne.

(Allegheny County)

Many outdoors stores give me a discount because I'm a Scout leader. If they don't, that's okay. I don't consider it an entitlement.

(Berks County)

I can live without it. What really grinds my gears is that firearms purchases are excluded on the dollars off coupon I received in the mail yesterday.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    I can live without it. What really grinds my gears is that firearms purchases are excluded on the dollars off coupon I received in the mail yesterday.
    And boom goes the dynamite. No more gun purchases from Cabela's for me anymore.
    III%

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Many outdoors stores give me a discount because I'm a Scout leader. If they don't, that's okay. I don't consider it an entitlement.

The next time a scout leader has to leave his family for 12 months, ride along some dust choked roads in 120 degree heat in a rolling target, and wonder if each time he sends an email back to his family if it's the last one he'll ever send, then you'll have a valid comparison.
    'The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
    - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast