Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Arrow LTCF Not Accepted as ID at West Chester Bryn Mawr Trust

So I've been going to another Bryn Mawr Trust for a while, but stopped by the West Chester branch today as I was in town. The lady there asked me for 2 forms of ID as usual. Sure, no problem. As I do every time (at other BMT's) I provided her with my Drivers License and my LTCF. She looked at the LTCF for a few seconds, and asked me what it was. I explained to her that it's a Pennsylvania License to Carry a Firearm. It's a Pennsylvania Government Issued ID. And that I've even used it to purchase alcohol several times prior, as well as a 2nd form of ID at other branches of BMT. She read a list of "valid ID's" that she had and compared it to my LTCF. It was not on the list. She would not accept it after a lengthy conversation, but said she will check with her supervisors regarding it. I told her I'll contact their corporate office as well.

Anyone had an issue here before? Just curious...

(Franklin County)

Default Re: LTCF Not Accepted as ID at West Chester Bryn Mawr Trust

I bet her list said "gun permit", and since that isn't what your LTCF says, she didn't make the connection.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
    So I've been going to another Bryn Mawr Trust for a while, but stopped by the West Chester branch today as I was in town. The lady there asked me for 2 forms of ID as usual. Sure, no problem. As I do every time (at other BMT's) I provided her with my Drivers License and my LTCF. She looked at the LTCF for a few seconds, and asked me what it was. I explained to her that it's a Pennsylvania License to Carry a Firearm. It's a Pennsylvania Government Issued ID. And that I've even used it to purchase alcohol several times prior, as well as a 2nd form of ID at other branches of BMT. She read a list of "valid ID's" that she had and compared it to my LTCF. It was not on the list. She would not accept it after a lengthy conversation, but said she will check with her supervisors regarding it. I told her I'll contact their corporate office as well.

Anyone had an issue here before? Just curious...
    Regretfully its NOT not a valid form of ID.Normally a Credit Card in your name and a Photo ID (Such as Drivers License or State Issued ID) are accepted. You've just been luck to use the LTCF as ID. There are tons of threads covering this already.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
    Regretfully its NOT not a valid form of ID.Normally a Credit Card in your name and a Photo ID (Such as Drivers License or State Issued ID) are accepted. You've just been luck to use the LTCF as ID. There are tons of threads covering this already.
    Citation? That's news to me. It most certainly is a "government issued ID". As a matter of fact, Staples saw me making copies of it and stopped me for that very reason - they don't permit any government issued ID's to be copied as a matter of policy. I've used mine as ID on several occasions as well, and have never had a problem.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Citation? That's news to me. It most certainly is a "government issued ID". As a matter of fact, Staples saw me making copies of it and stopped me for that very reason - they don't permit any government issued ID's to be copied as a matter of policy. I've used mine as ID on several occasions as well, and have never had a problem.
    Its depends on the company and they're Policies. I've been unsuccessful at my bank & state store using it as a form of ID. I found this with doing some searches but its hit or miss if your successfully or not using it as ID

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...-photo-id.html

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
    My LTCF certainly is a valid form of ID. It's a state issued, photo ID. How is it not valid? I recently used mine as a second form of ID to secure a PO Box. It wasn't on the list of accepted IDs on the application, but the USPS employee I spoke with said something along the lines of "It's state issued and has a photo? That'll be just fine."

(Warren County)

I guess I'd be out of luck in the big city. I don't even have two photo id's. LCTF here is paper, and I'm not sure what other photo id there is.

I walk into the bank and it's Hi Allen what can we do for you today.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    My LTCF certainly is a valid form of ID. It's a state issued, photo ID. How is it not valid? I recently used mine as a second form of ID to secure a PO Box. It wasn't on the list of accepted IDs on the application, but the USPS employee I spoke with said something along the lines of "It's state issued and has a photo? That'll be just fine."
    You are wrong, it is a county issued ID.

the PA LCB does not accept it for the purchase of alcohol
    Q:

What are valid forms of ID?

A:

The only acceptable forms of ID in PA are a valid photo driver's license or state ID card, a valid photo armed forces ID, and a valid photo passport or travel visa.
    http://www.lcbapps.lcb.state.pa.us/w...tGrp.asp?grp=5
    Hoplophobia is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter04 View Post
    I guess I'd be out of luck in the big city. I don't even have two photo id's. LCTF here is paper, and I'm not sure what other photo id there is.

I walk into the bank and it's Hi Allen what can we do for you today.
    Yeah, some counties still issue the old big, paper LTCF with no photo

Last edited by HiredGoon; April 9th, 2010 at 08:05 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    You are wrong, it is a county issued ID.

the PA LCB does not accept it for the purchase of alcohol
    I can tell you that an LTCF meets the requirments of valid ID for the Pennsylvania Notary Public Law. I have had individuals present their LTCF as ID to have a document notarized.

To further add. Pennsylvania's notary law says the ID must be a government issued ID that bears a physical description of the signer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast