Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Ashtabula County (OH): Judge tells residents to "Arm themselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    ... The cutbacks in police were intended as blackmail, to terrify the populace into begging for more taxes...
    Yup.

Typical.

It's the same BS school boards pull. When money is tight they want to cut the football or music program so that people will WANT more taxes.

Of course they never want to cut 'pottery interpretation' or 'flower arranging' classes.

I'm willing to bet that the sheeple that are afraid of having a smaller police dept don't know that the police don't have a duty to protect the individual anyway.

(Lehigh County)

Wow.. Don't get me wrong.. I have my problems with LEO's and so forth, but they do serve a function that is needed..

Some people just can't protect themselves even with weapons. (elderly etc) I feel really bad for them.

If it was my home town / neighborhood I'd be planning a well organized community watch armed with more then a cell phone or walk-talkies... Or if I was police chief I'd devote all the remaining resources in just keeping the streets safe as possible (people shouldn't have to be afraid of being mugged/raped every time they walk to their car) and stop worrying about potheads and skateboarders..

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Wow.. Don't get me wrong.. I have my problems with LEO's and so forth, but they do serve a function that is needed.. Some people just can't protect themselves even with weapons. (elderly etc) I feel really bad for them.
    I wasn't claiming there's NO need for police, just that they're cutting police first to terrify people into submission. They aren't cutting politicians' salaries, or handouts to their contributors, or their slush funds for hookers and crack--just the police.

It's also true that I think we don't need government funded police, because there are better ways to provide protection for the weak and infirm. But that's a separate discussion.

(Northampton County)

I'm sure some of the cities/towns have their own police force. There are also state troopers. It's not like there's going to be no cops. It's likely these deputies will not even missed by most residents.

This county......actually boarders on PA...Erie co.

(Monroe County)

Can we get this judge in the Supreme Court... please...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    there are better ways to provide protection for the weak and infirm.
    Muzzle brakes and recoil pads!

"Arm themselves," the judge said. "Be very careful, be vigilant, get in touch with your neighbors, because we're going to have to look after each other."
    Okay, NOW we have our new candidate for President! He can run as the "non-idiot" party

(Chester County)

smart judge, wish he was in our state instead of our neighbors. now what would make this better is if the state police and local depts also had there funding cut 80%....then sheeple might wake up and realize the antis are morons.
    Lifes hard, its even harder when your stupid - John Wayne.

(Allegheny County)

does anyobody know what non resident permits Ohio recognizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyte View Post
    Hopefully he will be so insightful in defending them after they use them. Still it is good that he understands and vocalizes a concern.
    We have the Castle Doctrine. I live in Ashtabula and we don't need to buy guns, we already have them, we just need more AMMO.
    This Judge and Sheriff are both very pro gun and they get it. It is nice to live here.
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Caeser2001 View Post
    does anyobody know what non resident permits Ohio recognizes?
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Delaware
    Florida
    Idaho
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Oklahoma
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Utah
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wyoming
    Kind Regards,
    ChuckS

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast