Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Friend robbed at gunpoint, east stroudsburg walmart

I'd do several things...
    1) go to the local district magistrate & let him/her know that the PD refused to take a report. I once had a situation where my girlfriend's ex was stalking us & the local PD wanted to brush it off... when I finally had him arrested, it went to the magistrate who upon hearing the background, told me that if I EVER have the police refuse to take a report for anything ever again, he wanted to know about it asap.

2) go to the internal affairs department of your local PD. In the end, they will brush it under the rug & tell you that they found that their officers did nothing wrong, but at least there will be some paperwork filed and the department will know that she is a squeeky wheel... next time she'll be more likely to get some grease in the form of a report & some kind of investigation.

3) Write to the newspapers, and go to the local TV news. Give WM & the department to publicity they may not want but apparently deserve very much so.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

All of the above are good comments and I would have certainly pointed the leo to the potential for video surveillance of the area.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
    All of the above are good comments and I would have certainly pointed the leo to the potential for video surveillance of the area.
    Good point. Most walmarts I've seen have more surveillance cameras in the parking lot than most stores have INSIDE!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    So, when are you taking her shopping for her handgun and helping her fill out her LTCF app? And of course going to the range with her for some practice
    Someone beat me to it. this is what my first thought was also.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Monroe County)

That particular WM just upgraded their entire video system. If she was within 100' of the building, they are on the hard drive....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    That particular WM just upgraded their entire video system. If she was within 100' of the building, they are on the hard drive....
    She said she "parked pretty far back, and didn't bother looking for a spot up close, because she didn't mind walking, since it was so nice out".

I'm sure she was beyond 100 feet away from the building. By the time you get to the first row of cars it's about 50 feet. The remaining 40 or 50 feet would only cover the first 4 or 5 rows.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

Don't they have any cameras mounted on light poles in the parking lot? The Walmart around here probably has over 50% of the parking lot covered by cameras

(Schuylkill County)

MY vehicle was parked in walmart's parking lot at night and was vandalized by a group of teenagers playing shopping cart hockey. When I returned to my vehicle it was very clear shopping carts were the culprit although no one was around. I contacted the local police and the next day I contacted walmart loss prevention, they scanned the tapes and called me back and asked me to come back to the store. They showed me the tapes of the vandalism, I was parked 300' away so they couldn't make out any one or license plate. But they supplied the police with a copy of the tape and I was pleased with their level of cooperation and help. The car had $1250.00 in damage just from shopping carts and the tape showed a cart hitting it at 30 mph and flying over the car. It's amazing what people will do to destroy property and or rob in front of a camera.

(Monroe County)

I call this Bs, this is all made up , someone's fantasy, it didnt happen. As in a lie.

NO police officer would arrive at the scene of a "robbery at gunpoint " and not take an official police report- just didnt happen.

The Walmart at east stroudsburg is loaded with cameras inside and out, the cops would have asked to see the vidoe first thing, and the cops saying that Walmart doesnt need the bad publicity (so they are not going to do thier jobs) is just plain laughable.

Its Bullshit folks!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    I call this Bs, this is all made up , someone's fantasy, it didnt happen. As in a lie.

NO police officer would arrive at the scene of a "robbery at gunpoint " and not take an official police report- just didnt happen.

The Walmart at east stroudsburg is loaded with cameras inside and out, the cops would have asked to see the vidoe first thing, and the cops saying that Walmart doesnt need the bad publicity (so they are not going to do thier jobs) is just plain laughable.

Its Bullshit folks!
    Since I see no sarcastic smilies or any emoticons I'm assuming you're new to the area and have no clue what pull Uguccioni has in the area.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast