Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Any Decent Gun Shops Around Lancaster?

Question is the title.

I am meeting a guy Half-way from Philly/Chambersburg and Lancaster seems to be the middle ground. I'm not looking to do a Pics since it's a long gun but

I would at least like it to be in decent setting and not a Food Lion Parking lot.

lancaster gun shops
    Last edited by danp; October 28th, 2011 at 12:46 AM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Any Decent Gun Shops Around Lancaster?

Actually, through a little Google-Fu I have found one that suites my needs which is Gun Dealers Online which is at 823 Rohrerstown Rd.

Did a ftf today in Lancaster, was told about this place... Stopped by, very cool store nice selection and great customer service.

http://www.gundealeronline.com/

Located at
    823 Rohrerstown Rd
    Lancaster, PA 17601
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

I'll suggest Gun Dealer Online as well. They have a great website and the store is starting to grow with more in store items.

Glad to see you made it!

Gun Dealer is a great store and good people running it. I have bought a number of things from them and have had a few friends buy from them too. They are now a Class 3 dealer if you are interested in NFA items also.

(Lancaster County)

I bought a used Glock 17 yesterday from gundealeronline.

I'm fairly new to shooting (experience from 25 years ago but little recent) and they were friendly and helpful. John was the guy who helped me.

Also have gone to Backwoods Outfitters and will deal with them again. Kinsey's seems good too but know that their prices are a little higher.

(Lancaster County)

Hakes Sporting Goods
    100 Willow St.
    Wrightsville Pa.17368
    (717) 252-1072

(Lancaster County)

I just bought a Sig P250 from Gun Dealer Online in Lancaster last Friday. 1st pistol I've purchased and they were helpful.
    "Why do you have a carry permit?" Why? Because it's my right!

(Lancaster County)

Gun Dealer online LLC is a great shop, dealt with them several times. Great people, knowledgeable staff, and they dont treat you like your an "idget" because you dont work there.

Backwoods Outfitters - I will never step in this shop again. I purchased a few firearms, Thousands and thousands of rounds, and hundreds of targets from them over the years. In recent years they have lost all credibility with me. They do not stand behind what they sell, Tom the gunsmith treats everyone like hes god and your an idiot. I recently purchased a firearm from them, brand new, and it had a catastrophic failure in the first five rounds put through it. I brought it back, the guy at the counter agreed with me that this was a manufacturing issue. Tom accused me of breaking it intentionally, tried to tell me it was just an issue with a spring, and "fired several mags through it himself without issue". When he tried to disassemble it to "show me how I re-assembled it wrong" the gun had the same issue as what I brought it in with. Tom refused to do anything about it and offered half the value of it to me. In the end I contacted the manufacturer and they told Backwoods to refund my money, replace the gun, or they would loose their distributorship.

Kinseys - Great hours, good stock, poor customer service. I am a 27 year old man who has been shooting for 20 years. I have been an amateur gunsmith for 10 + years. They treat me like im an idiot 18 year old kid. I usually have to beg / pester to get help, and when I do its half assed. I have special ordered products 3 separate times through them, all three times they forgot to order it, forgot to call me when it came in, and ordered the wrong product at least one time for each order. Also the prices are a bit high.

Morr Outdoors - Decent little shop with a decent selection. I dealt with them a fair amount when they opened. Nate was a great guy to deal with, took care of me every time. Recently I was a little insulted when I went into the store to purchase a handgun for my girlfriend. She has been shooting 40's and 45's her whole life. They kept trying to push a .380 or 9mm on her because its what the guy behind the counter liked. They also treated her like she couldnt possibly handle anything larger. Speaking as someone who has been shot with a 380...Ill never own one again.

Malins - Decent little shop, always was treated right. Prices are fair and service is great. Only problem is its all the way down by the Buck and the hours dont fit when I can get there anymore.

Sheidas (in lebanon) - Decent shop, more tactical gear. Dont have much to say only been there once or twice.

(Somerset County)

Welcome to the forum. Please be sure you check the dates on some of these threads. The original post was over 3 years ago, I'm pretty sure he got his gun sold by now.

Dale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast