Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default bushnell trophy MP red dot scope?

well i am sick of shooting with the carry handle/iron sights on my AR so i am looking around for a lower priced sight, i know i should just buy a trijicon ACOG like my friend keith just bought but i cant swing that right now, i was talking to a guy and he said he has the bushnell trophy MP tactical? any one here have any input on this site? he says he loves it but i dont realy know this guy and i would like to get some feedback from you guys first,so if anyone has this site or a better suggestion for about the $150 range it would be appreciated thanks.........fred
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: bushnell trophy MP red dot scope?

THIS IS MY OPINION

I just purchased the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 red/green "T" dot rectile myself.....I LOVE it, goes on nice and easy and you don't need scope rings. I really like the coating on it also, seems nice and rugged. I originally purchased it to mount on an AK47 I customized but unfortunatly the Samson rear sight rail I need to mount the Trophy is still sold out....they said end of last week they'd have it....I'm hoping soon tho. I used it on my Polish Tantal in 5.45 just to see how it worked and held zero....flawlessly. I just recently purchased a FAL .308 and am in the process of saving up for a scope mount for it (they cost $100 and the Samson is $125) also need a new one for the Tantal lol, the dog leg rear sight combo I wanna get...which is $125, so by the time I get the scope mounts there's not gonna be much money left for scopes !!!! The Trophy fits perfectly in my budget tho, I ordered mine from Sportsman Guide for $150 with a $10 off coupon...I think for the price you can't beat it. I am getting the mount for the AK47 as soon as they have them and will mount the Trophy on that. After that my 47 will be 100% complete so I am now thinking of getting another one for the Tantal. I also am purchasing a Stag Arms AR-15 and might just have to get a 3rd one down the line for that also ! It would even be great on the FAL but i'm thinking something a little more for longer range.....I was actually considering the Trophy with a 3x magnifier for it or for the AR....I will definitly at least be purchasing 1 more if not 2 in the near future....hope this helps.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Philadelphia County)

I had one and it was junk. It did not hold up well on my FAL.

Ended up getting rid of it, WITH FULL DISCLOSURE, and the person who bought it wasn't happy with it either.

Save up your pennies and get something worthwhile in a few months.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

THIS IS MY OPINION

Really !?!? I have heard nothing buy good about them, a lot of people use them on AR's and AK's so I guess that's why....Once I get my FAL scope mount I will try it out...see what happens. The .308 may be a little too much for it but 7.62x39, .556., 5.45 and such would be perfect for it IMO, anyone I've talekd to said it works great with there's, maybe a defective one ? or b/c of the .308.....but it says good for shotgun too...weird. Was your's a new generation one...with the iron sights on the top ?
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

I have one that I use on my AR sometimes. It's held up well & holds zero when I take it off & on.
    I have a good set of Troy sights on the AR & I just prefer them. Just remember; 2 weeks after the SHTF, iron sights will rule the world.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lehigh County)

I have three. One is mounted on my S&W 357. Never had a problem.

(Monroe County)

so i guess they are ok for the money,not an eoteck or a trijicon but ok for the money! i am not expecting much for $150 but from my research they seem to be good enough. thanks guy's ............ fred
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

May I suggest stepping up another few bucks to the Millet DMS-1 Designated Marksman Scope? It's a perfect match for an AR. 1x for close up, 4 x for the long view. Imo the option of magnification is important for target identification under many situations. Particularly when your target is in brush or inside a dark area such as under a canopy of trees.

I have a DMS1, and I also have an Aimpoint CompM4s with Aimpoint 3x magnifier in the flip to the side mount. Both are great, but the Millet is around 800 dollars cheaper.

http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/dms/

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=5167

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/53649-34.html

(Monroe County)

forwardassist thanks for the suggestion,and all the info! the DMS-1 looks good. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freddy g View Post
    well i am sick of shooting with the carry handle/iron sights on my AR so i am looking around for a lower priced sight, i know i should just buy a trijicon ACOG like my friend keith just bought but i cant swing that right now, i was talking to a guy and he said he has the bushnell trophy MP tactical? any one here have any input on this site? he says he loves it but i dont realy know this guy and i would like to get some feedback from you guys first,so if anyone has this site or a better suggestion for about the $150 range it would be appreciated thanks.........fred
    Well this is only about $50 higher but it a small bad ass little red lot check it out...hell I'm bad it's a $100 higher & they have them for rifles to..sorryhttp://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=981540
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)