Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default NO GUNS AND AMMO AT WALMART ????

Walmart Franklin Mills dumped their guns and ammo. The clerk told me I can still go to Bristol or Neshaminy (sp?) but they are getting the guns out of Philadelphia.... So who's going to be next???

(Monroe County)

Default Re: NO GUNS AND AMMO AT WALMART ????

I heard this a while ago that they were slowly going to get out of the gun business...guess it wasn't just B.S...(and I mean Walmart in general)

Too bad, but I really hope they notice that those who do continue to carry guns and ammo are making a lot of money doing it. It's their business decision. I hope it hurts them.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Bucks County)

I try not to spend any money at Wal Mart at all. I dislike the way they run things, do business, and who they hire in some areas.

I do not spend my money for gun and ammo at Walk Mart. I would go to local shops and support them especially when they need to local support in the Philadelphia area.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks_County_Buckmark View Post
    Walmart Franklin Mills dumped their guns and ammo. The clerk told me I can still go to Bristol or Neshaminy (sp?) but they are getting the guns out of Philadelphia.... So who's going to be next???
    Franklin mills has not had guns or ammo for almost a year now. Neshaminy still has ammo. Good price, considering todays market.

I just got three boxes of .40s&w 180grain blazer at Dick's at Franklin Mills. $17 a box.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    I try not to spend any money at Wal Mart at all. I dislike the way they run things, do business, and who they hire in some areas.

I do not spend my money for gun and ammo at Walk Mart. I would go to local shops and support them especially when they need to local support in the Philadelphia area.
    Most of the times its local gun shop owners that go to Wal-Mart and buy the ammo in bulk, just to resale it and make a profit. Just letting you know that it happens and especially at my local Wal-Mart in Easton. One day the place gets a shipment for 80 boxes of 9mm .40 .45 and the next day they are all gone.

(Philadelphia County)

...go to local shops and support them especially when they need to local support in the Philadelphia area.
    Indeed, this. Only thing I go to Wal-mart for is birdshot since local shops don't carry bulk packs.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

Your local shops are the ones jacking up the prices by buying their ammo for resale at Wal-Mart. I have personally seen a gun shop employee at Wal-Mart buying as much ammo as would fit in a shopping cart before Wal-Mart put in the 6-box-per-person limit. A year ago, gun shops had a hard time getting ammo from their distributors, so they just bought it at the local Wal-Mart, put it on their own shelves, and doubled the price tags. Just because they're "local" businessmen doesn't mean they're "good" businessmen.

It looks like the Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart doesn't sell handgun ammo anymore, at least I didn't see it. They do sell rifles/shotguns and shotgun ammo though.
    Bazinga

(Berks County)

I havent been in a WM in over 5 years....and even then it was upstate and I needed a part for my camping grill....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast