Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Beretta U22 Neos

I've been contemplating getting a P22, primarily for my 10 year old son to shoot. I'm aware of the noted problems with the model, but since I didn't anticipate it as a heavy use gun, thought it might be an ok choice. He loves the look of it, but of course understands that a 'cool looking' gun isn't the only important factor.

Tonight at Gander Mountain we saw the Beretta U22 Neos. This was the first time we have seen this model, and the price ($229) really caught my eye. I found a positive review of this gun here, but was curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with this model.

Default Re: Beretta U22 Neos

I have one, it is terrible, last shoot, the "students" must have passed some 300 bullets through it! Not a hickup, I say it is terrible because once you shoot one, it becomes an addiction.
    Every one who shot my Neos .22 loves if, they just want to addopt it... Maybe that is because I am the one loading the 3 mags!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bedford County)

Lots of good .22 cal plinkers on the market.

I dont know much about the Beretta, I do know that Ruger, Browning and S&W also make entry level .22 plinkers that are worth looking at.

The Buckmark "camper" is a good gun.

(Lebanon County)

Personally, I love mine. Found the front sight blade to be too wide, so I put a smaller dia aimpoint style scope on it. I just like the way it feels in my hand. Also disassembly is a snap.

I shot Frenchy's, and hes right. I want one! I think he had the 6 inch barrel model...I think its the reason I did so much better with that than any other pistol I've shot. I got 9 of 20 shots on target...with a Khar I got 1 of 24. Lol. Very good entry level gun, IMHO
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Westmoreland County)

With the cost of ammo going up, I thought it would be a good idea to get a .22 plinker handgun. I purchased a Neo 6in barrel last month and think it is a great little shooter. As brought up eariler the front sight is not the best. I put a BSA red dot scope on it & now it is super fun to shoot. Sportsman's Warehouse had them for $199 & paid $69 bucks for the scope. I have around 400 rounds thru it with only a couple FTF. I expect that with most .22's.

Eric

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    The Buckmark "camper" is a good gun.
    A guy a work with also recommended this model. Looks good online. I hope I can get a chance to see one in person soon. I've also been told to go check out Redding's Hardware in Gettysburg, and that they have a wide selection of new & used pistols.

(Westmoreland County)

I have one in the 6 inch ss. I have a little over 1500 rounds threw it. Never even cleaned it yet. And not one malfunction.

Very happy with it

lets bring a thread back to life...

i just picked one up and cant wait to go shooting!! now i have two rifles i need to scope in and a U22 i need to break in... should be a good time!

any other input on the U22?
    This Space For Rent

(Chester County)

love mine, have a black one 6" model and no problems aside the occasional FTF but always a good hit on the rim i blame it on cheap ammo, definatly a very fun gun and very accurate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast