Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Question RIA/ Armscor stubnose .38?

has anyone tried out the Armscor .38 revolvers? It was just brought to my attention (i just recently got kinda interested in at stubnose .38) that the armscor .38's go for just around $200.00

The problem comes when i'm not sure how good they are/ how accurate ect.....

If anyone has one of these or has their opinion, please weigh in on the matter. Thanks in advance
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

Default Re: RIA/ Armscor stubnose .38?

armscor .38's go for just around $200.00

i'm not sure how good they are

That should answer your question. There is a reason a new Taurus is about $400, a Ruger or S&W in the high $400 to $500 range and an Armscor is $200. You generally get what you pay for.

The Armscor may be the thing for someone who "wants a gun around" but doesn't really shoot it much and doesn't have much money. If you want to learn to shoot a snub (harder than a larger gun) you are better off saving your money forone of the three other brands I mentioned.

I have only handled one Armscor, taken off someone who was arrested, and I wouldn't think of buying one as a serious firearm. Yes it can work and hurt someone but the overall quality is not very good.

I've handled a few 2 and 4 inch guns that I almost bought . THey were nice and seemed very well built.

I'll probly get one of the 2" Guns and do some work to it , Just for something to carry while walking the dog.

I'd want an extensive range test before I CC'd it on the road.

Keep in mind Yea it's $200.. These guys Build NICE 1911's for under $400 as well, I've owned a few and all blew the HIGH end guns away in the function/accuracy dept. ( Opens door to 1911 Snobs)

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZ View Post
    armscor .38's go for just around $200.00

i'm not sure how good they are

That should answer your question. There is a reason a new Taurus is about $400, a Ruger or S&W in the high $400 to $500 range and an Armscor is $200. You generally get what you pay for.

The Armscor may be the thing for someone who "wants a gun around" but doesn't really shoot it much and doesn't have much money. If you want to learn to shoot a snub (harder than a larger gun) you are better off saving your money forone of the three other brands I mentioned.

I have only handled one Armscor, taken off someone who was arrested, and I wouldn't think of buying one as a serious firearm. Yes it can work and hurt someone but the overall quality is not very good.
    im pretty sure that this is the arguement that many try to use with rock island armory 1911's.... apparetnly they must be pieces of crap cuz they are cheap also.... ive heard nothing but good about them.... as for armscor i wouldnt know so i wont give them a bad review.... ill tell ya what.. if ya get one let me know id love to hear more about them!!

(Chester County)

I have the M200, bought it as my first gun. I haven't shot it in a pretty long while, but I have not had a failure of any sort with 500+ rounds through it. It's quite accurate too, puts my 5" XD45 to shame (I was kinda pissed at the XD when I shot both side by side)

Cases tend to stick though, but if doesn't bother you (and some rough machining marks here and there) it's a great gun that will serve you well.

I'm willing to part with mine if you're interested?

Why not get a Glock 27? It will take your Glock 23 magazines and you are familiar with the system and trigger. Not to mention it is around teh same size as the .38 snubnose.

(Centre County)

While one I looked at seems to be pretty well built, its hard to justify when I can find old police tradein S&W 66 and 65 for around $275~ everywhere that do police tradein IMO.

I just bought nice pinned/recessed S&W 66 snub nose for just over $200.
    So look around. Good used Smitty's are out there
    Audemus jura nostra defendere