Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: LTCF in Northampton County

I'm reading about Northampton Cty as I used to live there. Read most of this forum and I'm finding it hard to believe it takes so long in this county. I've lived in Lancaster Cty for more than 10 years and my experience here is that LTCFs are approved (new and renewal) while you wait in most cases. (Of course if PICS is down, there will be a delay until it comes up again. Also if PICS has been down recently there can be a backlog. If your PICS check uncovers some sort of a problem, there will be a delay until the issue is resolved.)

My daughter lives in York Cty. I went with her, for her first LTCF and they processed her's while we waited. Once the paperwork was filled out it took about 15 minutes.

What does your sheriff's office do with the applications while you wait weeks? I've talked to some of the clerks that do the processing. They said it used to take longer but they found it was a waste of everyone's time and added expense to deal with all these applications "in process". It's much more efficient just to do the PICS (in most cases a real "instant check"), approve and issue the LTCF.

I imagine that due to the recent panic gun buying, they are a lot busier than before so there are more temporary delays involved. I know gun stores are encountering more delays in PICS approvals for purchases.

Glad I moved out of Northampton Cty.

(Northampton County)

Well for one thing they contact your local PD.
    I imagine about "Character & Reputation". I also mentioned that to them when retrieving my guns. The one deputy seemed astonished that some counties are instant.

(Centre County)

Hmm. I'm not sure if an LTCF is something that should be granted on the spot. I don't know enough about the investigation process to say for sure, but I suspect that longer investigations are more likely to catch crazies. PICS is far from infallible. I sure would've liked to walk out with my license the same day, but I don't know if that would be best for public safety.

(Northampton County)

So by you're logic you would support a 45 day wait on purchases as well? Really?

We should not require a LTCF at all. At very least the "character clause is null anyways and should be done away with. If someone is denied by that bs but passes all the non prohibited requirements they will win on appeal to PSP.

If ya own it ya can tote it. We are shall issue you know.
    I am not worried about "crazies" obtaining an LTCF. If they are crazy they will carry it for nefarious reasons without it anyways. That is if they can get it legally in the first place.

Crickey. I bet you don't like semi autos or standard capacity magazines either. You sound a lot like my Uncle Elmer. Something smells fishy and its not the river in my backyard.
    Maybe you should look into relocating to a state that has policies and views closer aligned to your own.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920