I just received this from my state Rep, Mark Longietti. Does anyone know anything about this so-called Violence Prevention Task Force of the Majority Policy Committee, it's purpose and objectives?

Anyone in the Mercer County area may want to plan to be at this meeting to check it out.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Violence prevention hearing announced

The Pennsylvania House of Representatives Majority Policy Committee will be holding a Public Health and Violence Prevention Taskforce hearing from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 20 in the Hermitage Municipal Building Commissioners Meeting Room, 800 N. Hermitage Road.

We are holding this hearing to gain input on the challenges our communities face in preventing violence and to hear suggestions on how to improve existing state laws and programs. Among the local presenters will be:

District Attorney James P. Epstein
Hermitage Police Chief Patrick McElhinny
Sharon Police Chief Michael Menster
Southwest Regional Police Chief Riley Smoot
Albert Boland, Chairman of Community Health Partnership
Lizette Olson, Director of Mercer County AW/ARE
This will be the only taskforce hearing in the region and will be attended by lawmakers from across the state. I hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you there.

For more information, please call my constituent service office at 724-981-4655.

Spread the News!

Email: Email:

If you no longer wish to receive alerts from the House Democratic Caucus please click HERE