Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Current wait time from CMP

Does anybody know if the CMP orders are getting sent out any quicker than they were several months ago? I heard some people say they were waiting up to 6 months for rifles from them.

I checked the website and if I remember what was on there before, they had a note about the long wait but it's not there anymore. The site says it is 60 days for delivery.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Current wait time from CMP

If you order it today, don't expect it in a week. Even though they don't give a waiting period it takes a while for everything to work through the system (FIFO). Although they did get a whole bunch of "new" M1's in and pretty much had them all graded, they still go through the gunsmiths to make sure everything is ok. This takes some time. IIRC they will notify you when they send it out and you will get it within a day or so from that time.

The last I heard was that they a couple month backlog or orders.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Huntingdon County)

I was just on their site the other day, eyeballing and drooling.
    From the feedback they have received - seems like a 1-2 month from start to finish is what several people were getting - so if you order now, you could have it by May-June.

I read somewhere recently that they were taking about a month to fill orders, but it can vary a lot based on a lot of things. I ordered my piece of history a week ago.

(York County)

They've had an order for ammo and a rifle from me for a month now. CC still hasnt been charged, but I expect to get everything in about 2-3 weeks.

When they started selling ammo again a month ago, that slowed everything down.

(Northampton County)

I'll be ordering some ammo at the same time so assuming it takes forever for the ammo to get here, I may have to haggle with someone for some ammo that would be replaced with the ammo I get shipped to me. Lol.

I don't think I can have a Garand in my hand for long without wanting to shoot it.

(Lycoming County)

Ammo may take 6 months to a year. They have been trying to fill previous orders for some time now.

Rifles are taking about a month. Last one I got (last month) took a month. Nice SG HRA with birch stock. I was hoping for a walnut stock and even added a "sticky" to the order, but still got birch. Oh well, I'll strip it eventually of the dirty brown stain they use and make her blonde.

If you really want the ammo, you can drive to the North Store (Port Clinton, OH). I believe they still have plenty. I think it'd be a 8 hr drive for you. It's 6 for me. I've gone there and back in one day only once, but it was worth it.
    Last edited by clarion44; April 2nd, 2010 at 02:48 AM.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

I ordered a M1 carbine January 25 this year, on the website they said 60-90 days. I figures it would make it for my birthday end of march I was wrong it was in my hands Feb 15. I ordered some M1 Garand ammo from them on March fifth and it will be delivered on Tuesday April 6.
    I was really surprised how fast the m1 came.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    Ammo may take 6 months to a year. They have been trying to fill previous orders for some time now.

Rifles are taking about a month. Last one I got (last month) took a month. Nice SG HRA with birch stock. I was hoping for a walnut stock and even added a "sticky" to the order, but still got birch. Oh well, I'll strip it eventually of the dirty brown stain they use and make her blonde.

If you really want the ammo, you can drive to the North Store (Port Clinton, OH). I believe they still have plenty. I think it'd be a 8 hr drive for you. It's 6 for me. I've gone there and back in one day only once, but it was worth it.
    If it comes to driving to the North Store, I just might have to recruit some people to make that trip with me. My truck won't make the drive but I think I could pay for gas and food for the trip.