Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Kel Tec PF9 Belt Clip Question

Not sure if this crazy or not. I know they make them but can not find one any where Kel Tec does not know when the are do in. And I know there is another company Think it is Quickclip or Clipdraw dont like the idea of double stick tape.

Being that this a polymer frame and I have some nice style belt clips laying around is it ok to drill and tap 2 tiny holes in the frame would not even go through with the holes if I use real small screws. Would this weakin the frame and screw up the gun ior should it be ok as long as the screws stay put.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Kel Tec PF9 Belt Clip Question

Quote Originally Posted by cj11 View Post
    Not sure if this crazy or not. I know they make them but can not find one any where Kel Tec does not know when the are do in. And I know there is another company Think it is Quickclip or Clipdraw dont like the idea of double stick tape.

Being that this a polymer frame and I have some nice style belt clips laying around is it ok to drill and tap 2 tiny holes in the frame would not even go through with the holes if I use real small screws. Would this weakin the frame and screw up the gun ior should it be ok as long as the screws stay put.
    I wouldn't do it. Get a universal Clipdraw for now. I've never used one, but the adhesive is supposed to be plenty strong for the application, but removable, so when you find a Kel-Tec clip, you can just take the Clipdraw off.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    I wouldn't do it. Get a universal Clipdraw for now. I've never used one, but the adhesive is supposed to be plenty strong for the application, but removable, so when you find a Kel-Tec clip, you can just take the Clipdraw off.
    This.

A buddy of mine has the universal for his Kel-Tec. It is definately on there and seems to work for what he needs it to do.

(Lackawanna County)

i know the OP didn't ask, but i'm going to throw this out there: i don't think that clip-carry is really a good idea. i know, i know, different strokes, but i just don't like the idea of the trigger not being covered by something while it's "holstered." there are more than enough holsters on the market, that you should be able to find something you can use well.

(Northampton County)

I have tried acouple of holsters so far and none seem to fit good carrying with just gun seems to feel best.

The Uncle Mikes IWB size 1 is to soft and can feel the muzzle pushing into my side.

The mil-tec was to bulky on the side with all the slots and straps.

Don't know if the Don Hume IWB would be good I thought that the leater would be bulky as well but may not pinch my side with the muzzle. Did not want to shit away more mony on another holster that would not work for me.

I dont carry hot have practiced my draw, rack and shoot at the range and I can get The first off quick enough and on target. I know would be quicker hot but not that comfortable with that yet.

(Allegheny County)

I have the clipdraw from my 26. It's great, it adds 0 bulk to your weapon. It's bolted into a billet aluminum rear plate replacement. Please please please do not drill holes in your slide!

The universal clipdraw should be strong enough until you can get your hands on the KT one. They are commonly available on ebay for $20 or <.

Midway says that they expect the PF-9 clips back in 4/26/10. No idea if this is a real date or not. But if that's the case I'd just wait a month and buy the KT clip.

My google and ebay foo turned up no PF9 KT clips in stock either. Sorry. I tried.

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation My 2 cents...

I recommend that you wait and get the Kel Tec manufactured belt clips...

Kel Tec PF-9 ( w/LaserLyte )

Kel Tec P32

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by cj11 View Post
    I have tried acouple of holsters so far and none seem to fit good carrying with just gun seems to feel best.

The Uncle Mikes IWB size 1 is to soft and can feel the muzzle pushing into my side.

The mil-tec was to bulky on the side with all the slots and straps.

Don't know if the Don Hume IWB would be good I thought that the leater would be bulky as well but may not pinch my side with the muzzle. Did not want to shit away more mony on another holster that would not work for me.

I dont carry hot have practiced my draw, rack and shoot at the range and I can get The first off quick enough and on target. I know would be quicker hot but not that comfortable with that yet.
    i don't know about the others, but i gave my brother a Don Hume, the 715, for his PF9, and he loved it. it's stiff, not just around the lip, but the whole thing, so you won't feel any poking, and it rides low, so it conceals really well.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i know the OP didn't ask, but i'm going to throw this out there: i don't think that clip-carry is really a good idea. i know, i know, different strokes, but i just don't like the idea of the trigger not being covered by something while it's "holstered." there are more than enough holsters on the market, that you should be able to find something you can use well.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I carry my PF9 in a Passport holster. It has a button snap retention strap that is adjustable. The pistol even fits in the holster with my Laserlyte installed. I personally, will never carry a pistol in a holster that does not cover the trigger for obvious safety reasons. But, to each his own, different strokes for different folks.

I have pics but for some reason every time I try to post them it says the size is exceeded even after I have re-sized them.

(Dauphin County)

The clip-draw is the only way I carry my PF-9. I love it. I used it on my 4" XD-40 before I got a good holster for it. Its easy to switch from one gun to the next and the tape is plenty strong and it comes right off without damaging the finish. I say go for it. Its cheap enough to try and if you dont like it take it off. If you get one I dont think you will see a need for the Kel-tec version. They do the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast